Actor Paul Walker dies.........

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Beekeeper

Reaction score
Paul Walker of Fast and Furious fame died in a car crash, no real details as of yet, but he was driving a red Porshe when it happend, it will be interesting to see how they finish shooting the latest F&F, he was 40.......................Tom.

Always a sad day when someone checks out at such a young age.

RIP

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

He was the passenger, pictures are all over the internet. That Porsche GT just disintegrated, talk about a violent way to go. Ironically Roger Rodas, the guy driving, has been on the podium a few times in a Porsche. Goes to show the street is still not a racetrack, like it depicts in films. It's a shame when family is needlessly left behind. It dosn't take much to realize what's under the tarps.

Paul-Walker-Dead-2871393.jpg

Paul-Walker-Dead-2871392.jpg

Paul-Walker-Dead-2871488.jpg

I can't believe that little tree caused that much damage. I wonder if they hit something else.

And probably the worst damage to the tree will be it lost some bark. I have seen similar episodes during my time in fire-rescue. Utility poles and trees rarely come-out on the losing end of vehicle vs. immobile object. :confused2:

They filmed one of the F&F movies partially in Hollywood FL in a building that friends of mine had a long-time lease on for a restaurant. The production co made them very-well compensated for the use of the place, and it still bears the paint-job they gave it for the garage for the movie protagonist gearheads. Another of my friends is a union stagehand for lighting, riggine, & etc. He just finished working on Burn Notice. He works between CA & FL to get work. He had worked on one of the F&F movies too.

When I was a kid in high school, by Rochester NY the '68 Corvettes had just come-out, and a guy who had one took a bet like the 'tavern to tavern' UK guys, or whatever... . He was supposed to go somewhere & back on rural roads, and he invited a waitress to go w/him. They made it to a sweeping right-hander where the car left the road and mowed-down a bunch of saplings at about 5' height before meeting a similar more-substantial tree. He was killed on impact and the waitress lost her leg but lived. We went to where the remains of the new 'Vette was stored, at a gas station, and about the only recognizable body part was most of a door. The chassis/drivetrain was just a mangled mess, and all the tree that stopped the car had was missing bark.

It is an ironic end to his career, now he joins James Dean in a rare club. Dean lost his life to a Turnipseed, Walker to a beech (or whatever it was).

Back