Add a spring?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bsbllctchr

Reaction score
Going to be putting on a full akra, modding the air box, and getting a nash flash. Should I add the second spring, and the retainer right away?

Going to be putting on a full akra, modding the air box, and getting a nash flash. Should I add the second spring, and the retainer right away?

Yes definitely. The added HP will make the clutch slip sooner than later if you don't.

There is an aftermarket spring retainer that replaces the stock one. It is taller and prevents the added spring from getting out of alignment.

I wouldn't say you can't run without it but it is highly recommended.

It's available from Rick Rash, he's a member here, and you can find him on Facebook. You can also purchase one from Gurued Gear as well.....in fact he has everything you would need in a kit.

http://guruedgear.com/gurued-gear-l...14/vmx17-v-max-en-2-3-4-5-6.html#.XYTqvGlKhPY

There is an aftermarket spring retainer that replaces the stock one. It is taller and prevents the added spring from getting out of alignment.

I wouldn't say you can't run without it but it is highly recommended.

It's available from Rick Rash, he's a member here, and you can find him on Facebook. You can also purchase one from Gurued Gear as well.....in fact he has everything you would need in a kit.

http://guruedgear.com/gurued-gear-l...14/vmx17-v-max-en-2-3-4-5-6.html#.XYTqvGlKhPY
Awesome, thanks. I just picked up a Gen 2 with a lot of unknowns in terms of mods at the moment. I’ll be getting his reflash and will get his clutch kit too if it hasn’t been done already.

Wow, I'm really glad I found this thread.
I just purchased a reflash and air box last week and might be getting them this coming weekend.
I don't why I didn't think about the clutch, damn.
So you would just replace the springs?? The factory clutch plates will handle the load? Am I missing something else for my mistress

Wow, I'm really glad I found this thread.
I just purchased a reflash and air box last week and might be getting them this coming weekend.
I don't why I didn't think about the clutch, damn.
So you would just replace the springs?? The factory clutch plates will handle the load? Am I missing something else for my mistress

The spring retainer for the second spring is deeper to keep the springs aligned. Gurued gear sells everything in a kit with everything you'll need to do it.

The VMax has a single diaphragm spring. You need to add another spring on top of the one from the factory.

It's also recommended to change out the spring seat/retainer to the one that is available that is slightly deeper, to accommodate the additional height of the stacked springs.

There is a kit available from Gurued Gear here https://guruedgear.com/vmx17-double-stack-diaphragm-spring-clutch-kit.html

I'm really glad to find this forum.!
The knowledge on here is very helpful and the fact that you guys who are dialed in, are willing to send the time to help us rookies out, I just want to give a shout-out to and raise a beer to you all.

Back