Add Vmax front Lighting

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bushmaster

Reaction score
I currently have the "less than adequate" Cyber Max headlight on my bike and am wanting to add some additional lighting but wish to keep the Cybermax light, mainly just for looks. I am hoping to be able to add some accessory lighting to each side of the cybermax light and connect these to a switch that I can turn the lights on, or off. These lights would only be used during night riding and the cybermax light would remain on at all times. My concern is that I may need a new, more powerful battery as I do not want to drain the battery nor do I want to take the chance of burning out my existing wiring due to the additional amperage required for the additional lights. Any suggestions on how best to approach this and for how to wire the additional light up? Thanks..
Bushmaster
2005 Vmax
See pics of bike attached----------------->

Attachments

• DSCF5438.jpg
    DSCF5438.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 49
There was a thread with info on how to increase the cyber max light output and it makes a big difference. I'll see if I can find it.

I looked for it myself, I remember Rusty saying he popped in a pair of 100w lights that brought it back up to stock standards. But I remember a while back a bloke said he put a pair of projector beams in his. Unfortunately, for the life of me I can't remember who it was. :confused2:

What type of bulbs your headlight uses? if single intensity bulbs get a pair of 55 watt HID that should give you the output of a 130watt halogen bulb.

:ummm: Really, What kind of bulbs can you replace the very heavy stock lights that come with these and make them work correctly? Any LED's available? Thanks, Spurs

I cant say for sure because I have not rode it yet.

Kyle your a mod man after my own heart. I thought I was one of the only ones to had to ride/drive it in order to check out the mods. It didn't matter if it was to the engine, lighting or stereo. :punk:
I never forget when I put the Kenwood in the truck back in 87' I had to take it for a drive to check it out. I had to laugh at take it for a ride for the lights. Because I did the same thing on the Vmax (it dosent get dark at night during the summer) and the truck when I installed the PIAA projectors my dad got me for my birthday a few years back.

Kyle your a mod man after my own heart. I thought I was one of the only ones to had to ride/drive it in order to check out the mods. It didn't matter if it was to the engine, lighting or stereo. :punk:
I never forget when I put the Kenwood in the truck back in 87' I had to take it for a drive to check it out. I had to laugh at take it for a ride for the lights. Because I did the same thing on the Vmax (it dosent get dark at night during the summer) and the truck when I installed the PIAA projectors my dad got me for my birthday a few years back.
LOL ! Not just you I am sure there are other's to. Its hard to tell something sitting in the garage or driveway.

Does anyone know where to purchase the 100W bulbs for the cybermax headlight? I will try that, but I'd really like to install some "additional" lighting to use, something like for each side of the cybermax that I could connect to a separate circuit to a switch on the handlebars and would only turn them on when needed. My concern is that my stock batter may run down quickly or that I may cause a current overload to the wiring circuit and then cause more problems than I want to deal with. I'm not a mechanic and definitely not an electrician, so I was hoping someone could give me some help, instructions, or just some ideas on how best to approach this. Thanks for all the replies so far, but not much help has been given in any post yet. However, please keep them coming.

Latest posts

Back