Added a pup to our pack this weekend

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chief Gunner

Reaction score
Our 11 year old Chow/Lab mix "Timex" (the watchdog) is not doing so well these days and it may be time to relieve him of his pain in the near future and as much as that will break my heart I felt like I had to think of our other dog too.

His trusty side kick "Panco Villa" (our Austrailian shepard) has been his constant companion since he was 8 weeks old and would die of a broken heart if Timex were to leave him. I was offered and accepted a new member to our pack from the same guy I got Pancho from, the pup is actually Pancho's biological brother and I can not believe how good Pancho is to the little guy.

Here is our newest pack member "RUGER"
Ruger.jpg

Here is Pancho sharing his bed with his little brother
Brothers.jpg

I think they will be attatched at the hip just like Timex and Pancho are now,
TimexPancho.jpg

I am not looking forward to the day when Timex will leave us but I am hoping I did the right thing by getting the pup now.

Great looking pack!

I'll sure you did the right thing.......and will do right by Timex, tough decision, but one that sometimes has to be made.

Godd luck.

Adding one extra to the pack at this time is a real good thing.

I did the same thing when my older gal Chelsea started to get up there in years.
Having 3 was actually pretty easy to deal with. The pup naturally follows the lead of his older pack mates and required almost no training on our part. Chelsea and Sadie took care of that and put him in his place when he was feeling a bit froggy.

When Chelsea passed (after 13 1/2 wonderful years) Sadie and Sam had each other to help with the loss of their pack leader and to keep each other company. They are now pretty much inseparable.

Ya done good Cheif!

BTW: I love the new pup's name.

Thanks guys; Ruger is doing great. He's one smart little pup. He already comes to his name, fetches the ball, sits and goes to the door when he's gottta go. Not too shabby for a 9 week old.

He follows the older two everywhere and spends hours playing with them. He learned real quick to respect our cat Sheba too, she's the Queen of the place and the dogs give her plenty of room. It's funny to see him move away from her when she walks into a room. Here's an older pic of her guarding my VMax...:)
BeautyandtheBeast.jpg

She smacked the hell out of him for getting to close on the 1st day but thank God she did not use her claws, you could hear the power behind it when she hauled off and let him have it; it was like a fight sound clip from a movie "Smack, Pow" and a yelp of course but now he knows not to mess with her.

We lost my wife's dog this spring and she wants to get another dog in the worst way. My Golden is going to be 11 November first so I plan to get one before he goes so he can help train the pup. We'll see though.

Cute pup! A guy at work has a couple aussies... STUPID SMART!

Chris

Latest posts

Back