Adding a baffle.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KDIMD

Reaction score
Hi all,

I recently added the Magnacharger supercharger from Sean. Fun at speed but a bit tricky on slow speed due to the surging, but will get used to it.

One thing that i would like to check on is the exhaust can. I run this one. Basically a 10" long with 2.5" inlet and outlet. I had stuck a baffle from Bassani in it, but was off my harley and had to cut it down to make it fit. Its raspy sounding due to my inaccuracies on cutting.

I cant find many baffles that will fit. the only one I see is a 2" ID by 10" so it should fit. the current one has a 2.5" ID, so will the decrease in diameter significantly affect the performance? Will it decrease the sound a bit?

Thanks,
Don

Attachments

• photo (2).JPG
    photo (2).JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 26
Or will another exhaust can be a better fit given the supercharger? I do have 4-2-1 UFO like headers.

Don, It will raise the pitch of the exhaust and add back pressure reducing the amount of exhaust-I think you would be better off with a different exhaust can rather than reducing the diameter. Yoshimura makes many different diameter baffles you can cut to fit but not advisable to reduce with that supercharger.You would need to drill the end and insert set screws.I can send you their address and website if you like.

Only cans I see with a 2.5 ID are Supertrapps. Will keep searching, unless someone has a used one they want to get rid of.

Latest posts

Back