Adjustable Clutch & Brake Levers

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FastV4

Reaction score
I have been searching for a set of adjustable Brake and Clutch Levers for our 2000 V-Max.

I can't find anyone that makes a set that is specifically made to fit the V-Max stock clutch and front brake master cylinders. Does anyone know of a source for this much needed item? My wife's hands are too short for the stock locations of the levers and need to have the levers closer to the grips. :confused2:

Thanks

John W.

Why dont you look on ebay for a set I believe the FJR uses adjustable brake and clutch levers. You will have to get the complete set with the master cylinders.
I dont believe there are adjustable levers such as what the sport bikes use, but they all use banjo fittings with the hydraulics

Someone posted a picture of their bike recently with a really sweet looking set of ISR brake and clutch masters with adjustable levers, probably pretty pricey tho'

I just found them and they are about 1750 swedish for each left and right hand master....How much is that? I can't tell whether they are talking francs or kronas....my guess is the one that put's them over $1000 each....

I think I'd stick with Seans' suggestion below...

Thanks Sean!

I Just ordered a set for my wife and me too! Just what I needed and I never would've discovered these had it not been for you pointing the direction. Thanks Again,

John W.
(Carbon Fiber '02 & Carbon Fiber '00 Maxes (Wife's Bike).

+1 I've never seen them before.
A while back I bought a set from this guy on eBay for $60 including shipping. He's since upped the price to $79 incl shipping, I think he raised the price due to the influx of purchases.

So far, no issues at all. I love them, I got the 2-finger ones. It's a snug pull due to the Double-D mod. But nothing to complain about. Here are a couple pictures of them (pardon the photoshop'd gauges, I wanted to see how they would look before I built the new instrument cluster).

Attachments

• P1030575.jpg
    P1030575.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 208
  • Controls.jpg
    Controls.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 187
I bought from the same guy on eBay as KJShover but a different style. At one time he had at least 3 styles for sale. Mine are the ones that are adjustable for length. He also had short ones and normal length ones. Mine were the cheapest at about $42 but that was before his price increase.

Mmmmh interesting, I've always preferred the "wheel"selector ASV-style, Vs Clicker Pazzo-style... but the price difference is quite massive here... especially with shipping fees!

Hey guys, I'm sorry to dig a wicked old thread out from the dead, but since it was here, no need to make a new one, and perhaps the info will help others.

Have any of you guys tried these shorty levers from ebay? Hard to beat the price...I've had cheap eBay levers on my sport bikes and was plenty happy with them, but I can't find any American distributor for the gen 1 Vmax that isn't crazy priced. I'm looking at these levers specifically.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Short-Clutch-...Black-CNC-Adjustable-/262038393564?nav=SEARCH

At this point I'm really not interested in changing master cylinders, calipers, etc. I'm going to purchase a galfer 2 line SS brake line kit, and would love to have some black adjustable levers...any one had any dealings with this kinda stuff?

Thanks guys.

Hey guys, I'm sorry to dig a wicked old thread out from the dead, but since it was here, no need to make a new one, and perhaps the info will help others.

Have any of you guys tried these shorty levers from ebay? Hard to beat the price...I've had cheap eBay levers on my sport bikes and was plenty happy with them, but I can't find any American distributor for the gen 1 Vmax that isn't crazy priced. I'm looking at these levers specifically.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Short-Clutch-...Black-CNC-Adjustable-/262038393564?nav=SEARCH

At this point I'm really not interested in changing master cylinders, calipers, etc. I'm going to purchase a galfer 2 line SS brake line kit, and would love to have some black adjustable levers...any one had any dealings with this kinda stuff?

Thanks guys.
I bought that same shorty set and they are too thick to fit.
They told me to keep them and refunded my $.

Hmmm...perhaps I'll order a set, if they don't fit I'll ask for a refund and I'll have some levers to fabricate and make work ;) haha we'll see

Back