adjustable preload fork caps

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buckridge

Reaction score
hello everyone, modern bikes have adjustable preload on the top of the fork tubes which controls sage on the front end and prelodes the springs . does anyone know of a aftermarket setup or a yamaha part from a different bike that would fit on a late model vmax stock front end? thank you.:a014: :a014:

hello all, i guess nobody can give me information on this question . thats too bad because if you knew the improvments of tight preload on a vmax you would be amazed at the differance in the ride quality of the machine ,anyway the best to you all buckridge

hello everyone, modern bikes have adjustable preload on the top of the fork tubes which controls sage on the front end and prelodes the springs . does anyone know of a aftermarket setup or a yamaha part from a different bike that would fit on a late model vmax stock front end? thank you.:a014: :a014:

Hi Buckridge
Someone had mentioned about a year ago that they were going to try and modifiy the existing top fork caps so they were "adjustable". I think the adjustablility was through screwing the cap in or out to adjust the preload. I never heard anything from it since. To get true adjustability, you would have to put after market/ super sport bike forks on your VMax, which requires a custom triple tree to be made. An alternative is to respring the VMax with RaceTech springs and Gold emulators. This doesn't give you the external preload adjustability you are talking about, but significantly improves the suspension.

thanks to both divadon and buster for the reply , i thank you for the information.my 06 max has a stock front end which is like mush from the factory, i have installed progresive springs and the ride was improved quite a bit but it still dipped a little more than i liked. so i made spacer tubes for the front end with a length that allowed for 1/2" drop with my weight on the bike . what a complete differance in ride quality. the max rides like a dream ,i can go into corners with complete confidence. its no sport bike but it has improved to the point of not needing any more improvments as far as i am concerned . im just worried about draging my stock cans on the ground and destroying the finish on them best to you all buckridge:eusa_dance:

Back