Adventure rider

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is amazing, it's the pinnacle of touring. This is on my bucket list for damn sure. I love touring and these guys are setting a benchmark above all others. I would have to opt for the GS though. Man, I'm jazzed now after reading that and watching some of the videos. I know a few pussies that cant even take a Road King across a state line without using a trailer, THESE guys in these videos are the real bikers. Two thumbs up!

I watch Long Way Round and Long Way Down every winter...it helps keep me sane. Once my youngest turns 18...I am gone for at least a couple months. 16 years to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I watch Long Way Round and Long Way Down every winter...it helps keep me sane. Once my youngest turns 18...I am gone for at least a couple months. 16 years to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats funny, this is exactly how I bench marked the years until I could take a tour longer than my usual 2-4 weeks annually/years until I can discard their mother :biglaugh:. They are 20 and 21 now, their mother has been discarded and I just ordered a touring seat for the Max. I think this type of touring has great appeal for those of us who are innately nomadic. The Vmax will not see this kind of tour but a GS is pretty likely in the next 5 years. This is such a fascinating concept and everytime I see a GS or KTM in a parking lot I get like a dog passing the dog park in the car with my face pressed against the glass.

That's a epic ride on a unconventional motorcycle! I can only imagine doing what some of these guys have done and it is interesting how some do things on a 50cc bike that defies logic!
Give a look here, there are some epic writing and photography which if it doesn't give you wanderlust I not sure what it would take. I focused recently on just the Alaska trips recently and I have a new goal of going there in 5 years.
Here is one of my favorites of some of the rides (other than Alaska):
http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/angola-its-not-like-they-said.269251/

Here's one that I may be interested in as I'm planning on being in Newfoundland this coming summer!
http://advrider.com/index.php?threa...m-ontario-back-home-via-the-translab.1086988/

So many rides to read about during our winter sequestration! Take a look!

Here's one that I may be interested in as I'm planning on being in Newfoundland this coming summer!
http://advrider.com/index.php?threa...m-ontario-back-home-via-the-translab.1086988/

I don't believe any of the Translab is paved, Brian. But the trip up the west coast to St Anthony and the Viking settlement reproduction is incredible - a boat ride in Grande Fiord being a must (but can't compare to the Painted Rocks)
Dave and yourself will be hard pressed to do both the west coast and the cross-province thingy - if you only have three weeks. Newf. is a large rock!
As an alternative destination, I've heard that Syria has some beautiful scenery:biglaugh:
Cheers!

TransLab will destroy a v-max. I met two guys on KLRs who barely made it across last year.

I think we could do 4 days percoast with a full day across or two if we wanted. I'm also not sure how to really go slowly and enjoy long road trips. I'm sort of used to just making time. I'm sure we'll get it figured out.

TransLab will destroy a v-max. I met two guys on KLRs who barely made it across last year.

I think we could do 4 days percoast with a full day across or two if we wanted. I'm also not sure how to really go slowly and enjoy long road trips. I'm sort of used to just making time. I'm sure we'll get it figured out.

"Grasshopper, we have much to discuss"

Cheers!

If I were to do that trip I would do it on a Yamaha Super Tenere, I don't like taking Redbone down my gravel driveway so that would definitely would be out on Redbone!

Latest posts

Back