Advise on super trapps

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin1200

Reaction score
99 U.S. kn 150 main jets 8 disc in trapps carbs mix is 2 1/2 out and syched now is alittle hesitant off idle any suggestions

99 U.S. kn 150 main jets 8 disc in trapps carbs mix is 2 1/2 out and syched now is alittle hesitant off idle any suggestions
What do the spark plugs look like?
Carry a small standard screwdriver with your and turn your a/f out 1/8 to 1/4 turn and see if that helps. Sounds a little lean and if so your plugs will be white.

Ordered new plugs and wires and compression caps and fuel filter. Not been tuned up since ive owned it 1 year and its got 19000 miles i was gonna read plugs when they got here not chchecked them yet. Was gonna try 7 discs instead of 8? Thanks for inputs guys \,,/

I wanted to before i ordered wires but i read about resistors and get worried about electronics most sets i see dont have any???

I wanted to before i ordered wires but i read about resistors and get worried about electronics most sets i see dont have any???
I think you are right on with the 8 discs and I can make you a set w/resistors.
Going on my 3rd year without them.

Blaxmax i was eyeing your ebay trust me ive been wanting cops but to chicken shit about my electronics lol can we do a 3ohm set?thats what stock coils are right?

3 years without seems good let me order my brake lines fri and 2weeks from now we will do business what gap and plugs you run?

Blaxmax i was eyeing your ebay trust me ive been wanting cops but to chicken shit about my electronics lol can we do a 3ohm set?thats what stock coils are right?
Don't buy them off Ebay. I don't want members getting into a bidding war and paying more for them. I offer at a set price for members here. Unless you are worried about returns and I haven't had a problem with anyone yet. I usually ship within an hour with a tracking # 2 day priority.

With the stock ECU, or ignitech, you dont need resistors. If your running the older dyna 3000, you will need resistors. The newer dyna....no one knows. plugs are usually gapped .028-.035. AsherC took his bike to the dyno and changed plug gaps at the dyno, and there was 1.5% difference start to finish.....statistically....no change.

Me....I run a gap of .035.

EDIT*** I tried .040 on the dyno, and had hp and about a 10% mileage loss.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back