1st Gen V-Max African VMax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tchatcho

Reaction score
VMax Year
Hi everyone!
I still have a VMax and think will keep it for some years more. It was cooked with a plastic into a container under the sun for many years. Electricals burned and problems in the clutch start; was plenty of cosmetically accessories that seem like a Shadow for touring, with skulls everywhere. The old owner have no confidence with mechanics and close it, I ask for the bike and he say that will put fire on it: he spends too much money and ride only 2k miles.
When take home and understand the complexity of a v4 and no parts here… think to submerge in the bay for mooring boats and for the scuba tourism. From fire to water…
At the end, me and my girl work on it and fix. Now I feel is a happy bike and the value is eight times the price that I pay, have not too much roads for go but is in her place, rolling everyday.
No modifications, trying to be more original possible but run fine is sufficient for me. For too many people the most beautiful motorcycle of the island.
Greetings from CapeVerde. Thanks for the forum!

Attachments

• 02B6A07B-FBFF-4B98-B1B4-AECB9C5EB719.jpeg
    02B6A07B-FBFF-4B98-B1B4-AECB9C5EB719.jpeg
    316 KB · Views: 76
The “highway”is nothing more than a 20km road that goes to my village.
on a small island dimensions are different and this little tour can be like a big trip.
Everything happens inside the helmet!!
I was a detractor of the asphalt on the island, the development also brings a great negative landscape impact BUT with the Vmax I can justify something…
(it must be that my conscience was paid with being the pilot of the “myth with wheels”:))
Like dessert_max said, is an excellent example of highway to use it: Empty. No traffic. No police. Straight lines sweetened with slight curves. Will this be a golden cage for the Max???
Thanks you all for this forum!

Thanks for the feedback guys!
Love your bikes!!
Excuse my english, is better use the google translator
So do you speak Portugese then ?
Thats a petty cool location for a Vmax and you have a nice looking one as well .... I dont know if you have ever been off of Cape Verde but there are roads where i live that you can drive for 100 miles easy at 100 MPH .... You get so used to the speed you think its normal ....

Hello

I wonder if you are the only Vmax owner on the island?

I looked up Cape Verde and from the total area of the islands (note plural) the approximate size is 20 km square, so that would be the largest island. There probably is not that many roads. Good news is you are unlikely to run out of petrol gonig from A to B.

BTW do you drive on LH side?

Hello

I looked up Cape Verde and from the total area of the islands (note plural) the approximate size is 20 km square, so that would be the largest island. There probably is not that many roads. Good news is you are unlikely to run out of petrol gonig from A to B.

I am curious what the cost of gasoline is on the island.

Thats a petty cool location for a Vmax and you have a nice looking one as well .... I dont know if you have ever been off of Cape Verde but there are roads where i live that you can drive for 100 miles easy at 100 MPH .... You get so used to the speed you think its normal ....
Hi Colorado Phil!
Yes, the official language here is portuguese but the popular language is kabuverdiano, a portuguese creole.
here in the island the maximum allowed is 90kmh and don’t know if there is a road of 120kmh in the country. I lived outside and remember that the speed is normally, but here… is another rhythm!
When travel outside need one week or more to adapt. Continental people is ever running, if you run here you will be crazy in no time… you need other measurement pattern of time and space.
100mph!!!! You are crazy man! This is only for bandits with motorcycles!

Hello

Yes! I’m the only one. Know that there was another max in the country and a dead in max too, many years ago, so it’s a very exclusive bike here. Some friends have Vulcan, Shadow, and BMW’s and mediums cc too.
I’m in BoaVista island, you can see in google maps. There is gas station only in the “city” so I have to have few litres at home… for me the motorcycle is my transport and have another bikes and quads too for go to fish. We ride in the right hand!

Hi Colorado Phil!
Yes, the official language here is portuguese but the popular language is kabuverdiano, a portuguese creole.
here in the island the maximum allowed is 90kmh and don’t know if there is a road of 120kmh in the country. I lived outside and remember that the speed is normally, but here… is another rhythm!
When travel outside need one week or more to adapt. Continental people is ever running, if you run here you will be crazy in no time… you need other measurement pattern of time and space.
100mph!!!! You are crazy man! This is only for bandits with motorcycles!
My friend , i have been over 150 so many times i cannot even begin to count ...not so much on my max but the busa cruises at 150 like its nothing.

Boa Vista. What a great place to spend your days. As you said, another "pattern of time and space".

It would take at least a month for the ringing in my ears from the bustle of civilization to die down. I think I could handle that. (The 90kmh limit...not so much).

Boa Vista. What a great place to spend your days. As you said, another "pattern of time and space".

It would take at least a month for the ringing in my ears from the bustle of civilization to die down. I think I could handle that. (The 90kmh limit...not so much).
Yes Desert_max. silence makes some friends who visit me feel “floating in space”, others asked if the sound of the sea could not be stopped…
Each island is a miniature universe.
Like so many other things the limit of 90 is also relative…;)

Back