After Clutch Master Rebuild just pumps fluid back into the reservoir.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ted J

Reaction score
Just like the title says, I'm trying to bleed the clutch after rebuilding the master and slave cylinders on a '94 VMAX. I'm using a syringe and reverse bleeding it and everything. When I pull in the clutch lever in all that is happening is the fluid is getting pumped back into the reservoir. It actually sort of streams up if you pull it somewhat hard and quickly.

When I took the master cylinder apart I put the rebuild kit back together again just like it was. The thing is, I don't know if that is right so I posted up a photo here of how it looked when I took it apart (these are the old parts) and maybe somebody can tell me if I messed up. I just can't find info on how it's suppose to go together so can't tell how it should be.

Thanks!

Ted

Attachments

• Vmax Master-0809.jpg
    Vmax Master-0809.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 103
you need to flip 6 and 7. also make sure when you push the piston spring in, that the narrow end faces out and that when you push the #7 (the primary cup) that its lips do not turn inside out as you locate it against the spring.

Here's the picture someone else took that I used about 2 weeks ago... I only gave you the one picture because you've already got it together.... ninjaneer beat me to the explanation.....:bang head: Both parts are 180 degrees out... just turn them around, as the 2 parts fit together right now....

Attachments

• clutch%2520side%2520003%20jpg.jpg
    clutch%2520side%2520003%20jpg.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 115
Cool deal, thanks for the info guys! Gosh, I guess I just wasn't paying full attention when I pulled it apart!

hehehe. rebuilding the clutch was exactly my first repair. having NEVER torn apart anything with an engine before, imagine the intimidation. i must've read the service manuals a hundred times ......

hehehe. rebuilding the clutch was exactly my first repair. having NEVER torn apart anything with an engine before, imagine the intimidation. i must've read the service manuals a hundred times ......

Worked on a few things before so should have known better and paid more attention. I wasn't able to find the picture that is somebody posted above, that would have saved me big time. I just hope I can get that seal back out again but hopefully can get a tool up in there and gentle get it out.

Glad to hear you got it working. I am going to have to work on my clutch soon too lol.

AwesomeSmiley.gif

my first motorcycle repair has been rebuilding the 4 carbs on my max 3 out of 4 aint bad i guess for a success rate

Latest posts

Back