after market tachs

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Monster tach set up from cycle one off.

Autometer Pro Cycle Fat Tach w/ adj shift light
Oil Pressure Gauge (manufacturer unknown)liquid filled
Drag Specialties Speedo

Super thick billet mounting bracket

All stock cables work.

Excellent service from Tom at cycle one off, I would recommend anyone not happy with having to look down at the tach to get this one.

PM if you have any questions about my setup.

This weekend I am replacing the factory temp gauge with an autometer unit...pics to follow.

Chris

Attachments

• monstertach 001.jpg
    monstertach 001.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 72
  • monstertach 002.jpg
    monstertach 002.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 59
  • monstertach 003.jpg
    monstertach 003.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 71
  • monstertach 004.jpg
    monstertach 004.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 54
  • monstertach 005.jpg
    monstertach 005.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 78
Chris, looks great! More than I can afford though. Waterproof?

Mark

uh.....waterproof?

Ran it once through a low-pressure do it yourself car wash, and once through a drizzle on the way home.
No issues.

Chris

that looks fantastic will have to save my pennies .maybe get a smoked windscreen to hide it from anyone who wants it real bad.and make it a bit harder to remove

If you goto youtube.com and do a search for lankeeyankee you will find a video of my gauge setup.
Under the rod knocking vid.

Basically I am running an Autometer 5 monster tach next to the speedometer, with a fuel pressure gauge between em. I got rid of the factory tach and temp gauge and installed 3 2' sun gauges. Water, Oil Pressure, Volts from the charging system.

I think Cycleone wants around 700.00 for that setup.
Now you have 2 tachs and cables running up above the headlight with a speedo only goes upto 140 which is hard to read.
I will mod an insturment cluster for 550.00 with a 2wk turn around.
I will also install a toggle switch with an led for a manual fan overide.
Included a steel braided hose and adapter for the oil pressure setup.

Advantage over Cycleone.
You will have 3 gauges Oil, Volt, Water
Keep your orginal Speedo
Clean setup not seeing all them cables

lankeeyank,

how about a set of still pictures?
The youtube video is pretty....uh....grainy?

Thanks Chris I'm glad you like it. Post some pics after you get the light on I would like to see how it looks.

Tom @cycleoneoff.com

lankeeyank,

how about a set of still pictures?
The youtube video is pretty....uh....grainy?

Here is a pic of my gauges
Speedo
Tach
Fuel Pressure (NOS)
Oil Pressure
Volts
Water Temp
Manual Fan Sw

Attachments

• gauges.jpg
    gauges.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 112
Here is a pic of my gauges
Speedo
Tach
Fuel Pressure (NOS)
Oil Pressure
Volts
Water Temp
Manual Fan Sw

Not to be an ass here but how about the back side?

That's the big downfall to these setups is they don't look anywhere near factory.

Not to be an ass here but how about the back side?

That's the big downfall to these setups is they don't look anywhere near factory.

Not a problem I could have been a little neater with the tach cable I guess but as you can see there are no trace of hoses cables etc from the extra gauges
Its not factory and this mod is pretty extreme it wasnt intended to look factory more so for purpose and piece of mind that everything is ok water temp, oil pressure, stator is charging at proper voltage also its much safer rather than looking down to squint at the factory tach when you WOT

Attachments

• Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 97
If you goto youtube.com and do a search for lankeeyankee you will find a video of my gauge setup.
Under the rod knocking vid.

Basically I am running an Autometer 5 monster tach next to the speedometer, with a fuel pressure gauge between em. I got rid of the factory tach and temp gauge and installed 3 2' sun gauges. Water, Oil Pressure, Volts from the charging system.

I think Cycleone wants around 700.00 for that setup.
Now you have 2 tachs and cables running up above the headlight with a speedo only goes upto 140 which is hard to read.
I will mod an insturment cluster for 550.00 with a 2wk turn around.
I will also install a toggle switch with an led for a manual fan overide.
Included a steel braided hose and adapter for the oil pressure setup.

Advantage over Cycleone.
You will have 3 gauges Oil, Volt, Water
Keep your orginal Speedo
Clean setup not seeing all them cables

Did the tach work set for 4 cylinders?Raptor shift lights have to be set to 2 cylinders to work?Funky signal?

Did the tach work set for 4 cylinders?Raptor shift lights have to be set to 2 cylinders to work?Funky signal?

To be honest I dont remember I been running this setup for 5 yrs now, I do remember having to do something with the wiring in the tach.

Not a problem I could have been a little neater with the tach cable I guess but as you can see there are no trace of hoses cables etc from the extra gauges
Its not factory and this mod is pretty extreme it wasnt intended to look factory more so for purpose and piece of mind that everything is ok water temp, oil pressure, stator is charging at proper voltage also its much safer rather than looking down to squint at the factory tach when you WOT

Looks clean, you've down a good job:thumbs up::cheers:

I concurr,

I really like what you have done with the tank mounted panel.

chris

someone must know , how to install a 5 inch autometer tach on the v-max ? Where to pull the tach reference signal from? I tried to wire it In 4 cyl mode and the reading on the tach was exactly half what it should be ( for example 55 mph usually is around 3000 or so well tach reads 1500 ?I wired it to the original tach wire !!!there must be a way:bang head:

someone must know , how to install a 5 inch autometer tach on the v-max ? Where to pull the tach reference signal from? I tried to wire it In 4 cyl mode and the reading on the tach was exactly half what it should be ( for example 55 mph usually is around 3000 or so well tach reads 1500 ?I wired it to the original tach wire !!!there must be a way:bang head:

Due to the Max's funky firing, wire it for a twin.

Here is another option for a big faced tach, it has switches to vary from 2-10 cyl. The harley guys up here seem to like it. I've seen a few on some of the boats around here as well.

http://www.amazon.com/Sunpro-CP2011-Dial-Face-Tach/dp/B00029JW4O

Back