After market wheel

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This guy is 30 min from me I called him yesterday. Steve O and hopefully Garrett are gonna go with me tomorrow am to check it out. I'm a little nervous this guy had a motor for sale for a few years and couldn't produce paperwork or proof that it ran. He didn't know what kind it was or if the swing arm was modified to accommodate the 190 rear tire. He said he still has the swing arm so I'll be able to tell if it has.
Can anyone tell just by looking at it what kind of rim it is? Kosman or Taylor made ? Like I said the seller doesnt know much about it.
Thanks
Mark

It's hard to see with the drive spline attached, but it looks like a Kosman bolt together. The one with a removable hub. I think that wheel will be in the back of the truck on the way home tomorrow Mark. I'm gased up and ready to roll early.
My old bolt together I run balnced perfectly. I'm happy with it.
Steve-o

It's hard to see with the drive spline attached, but it looks like a Kosman bolt together. The one with a removable hub. I think that wheel will be in the back of the truck on the way home tomorrow Mark. I'm gased up and ready to roll early.
My old bolt together I run balnced perfectly. I'm happy with it.
Steve-o

Ok I hope so Garrett is coming too. Call me before you leave your house. If possible try and be here for 8:30 or so :punk:

Yep, old school Kosman. I have the matching front but it's crushed beyond repair lol! I do have a custom front but it's not a direct match I don't think?

The front I have is nice (not counting the front I have that is crushed). It's silver like the ebay one. We could paint both if you wanted a nice looking pair that had the black with red stripe on them.

Sean

The wheel is at it's new home. Another Vmax is going to be running radials. I'm as excited as if it were my bike. Congatulations Mark. We met a new Vmax Bro today too. He had a killer z14 for himself. I should have never sat on it.
Steve-o

Thanks Steve. I know I said I was gonna wait until the winter but I am not going to wait that long. I'm gonna get it to you as soon as possible so you can do your magic with the powder coating. Maybe wednesday when Rick comes down I'll try and throw it in a backpack and drive it to your house ;) . I'll have Garrett order me a nice tire and maybe have it on before October as long as there are no issues. ( fingers crossed) we can do the progressive springs in the winter if you don't mind ;)

Here's the front wheel I have. Would be a decent match for that rear. $500 plus shipping (and the front tire is in good condition too). NOTE, the chrome on the carriers is bubbling.

Attachments

• Kosman Front.jpg
    Kosman Front.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 31
  • Kosman Front 2.jpg
    Kosman Front 2.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 28
the rear is an interesting size its either a 18x4 or 18x4.25. The guy seemed to think it was made in europe, but i agree it looks almost identical to your front there sean.

wouldn't an 18" rear and 17" front change the handling a little wonky?

Should work fine. A few people on here have even done it. Preferably they would match but it will work.

Correct me if I am wrong, but a low-profile 18" rear is almost the same size as a stock tire height. A shorter front tire would effectively quicken the steering. Sould be no issues.

Mark, that'd be a sick matching pair. probably easier to find a 17" front too, depending on the width of the rim. i'd hope its 3.5.

that is if you decide you wanted to do that vs sticking with your front setup.

Yeah I'm just gonna stay with the stock front. I can't see paying more money for front then i did for the rear then powder coating shipping. I'll see how it looks after the rear is done I don't care about matching it as long as the color matches that's all I care about.

Latest posts

Back