aftermarket engine brace best bang for the buck?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sidwin

Reaction score
I've done the progressive springs and upgraded tires. i'm guessing the next thing would be the engine brace. Which one do you all recommend would be the best bang for the buck. I guess welding won't be too bad since i can probably get that done.

Thanks,
sid

That's my next purchase also... Waiting to hear the replies....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

If you can weld , or have it done , make your own .

Attachments

• # 1 Group Chip 136.jpg
    # 1 Group Chip 136.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 47
Sidwin...I don't think anyone answered your question, so I'll give it a try to see if this will help you out. First of all, I suspect you are referring to the "frame" brace, which is the bar you see running across the sides of the engine from the lower portion of the front frame to the upper portion of the top frame just below the seat. You can purchase these in somewhat different configurations and appearance, however it mainly comes down to "cost" as to what you are willing to pay. Rocky Mountain sportmax offeres a small round bar that you actually have to "weld" onto your frame, and this is probably the cheapest one around. Then there's a company called Exactrep (I believe they are somewhere in Europe) who offer two different models. One is a larger diameter silver/chrome bar that mounts with end brackets and no need to do any welding, and the other one they offer is a machined aluminum looking model which is chrome looking with holes machined out of the middle. The machined one looks really cool, but will cost you about $ 800. The other one I mentioned first from Exactrep will cost you about $ 275 for the pair. Lastly, there's two more models of these frame braces made by OverRacing in Japan. You can do a search for OverRacing Japen and you will see two different configurations of these bars that look really cool, but both are very expensive. I believe one of the models will run you about $ 1000 or more. Ouch! Lastly, there's a black power coated frame brace that I've seen advertised at this website: http://www.v-max-f-maerz.de/vmaxkatalog/570/573b_en.html. but I don't know how much it is. I also have links to all the other websites I mentioned above and if you need me to send them to you, then just drop me an email at [email protected] and I'll get those to you. I hope this helps you out. Oh, by the way, I plan to purchase the ones from Exactrep that cost about $ 275 for my 2005 Vmax soon. I think for the money, these are the best bet and look great too. Good luck and I hope this helps you out a little with regards to the info you were asking for.
Dennis

I've got the Exactrep bars, easy to fit and improved the handling.

IMAG0371.jpg

The best bang for your buck is a set of solid motor mounts. I got mine from Sean for around $75 or so.

Installing the mounts takes some time.

Some guys say they add a lot of vibes and cause their hands to tingle. I can't say that I've noticed it much.

I did notice that a few bolts came loose in the first few hundred miles after installation. Mainly engine covers. I tightened everything up one time and have had no further issues.

Latest posts

Back