Aftermarket handlebars

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WIKDMAX

Reaction score
Well I tried a search but never found anything overly useful so figured I'd ask outright. I am looking for a replacement handle bar about 31" wide and about 2" taller than stock. Any recommendations?

Thanks for the suggestion. I looked there but trying to find a handlebar that is 7/8" with a 6" center and doesn't have a ton of rise or pullback is the problem I'm running into.

Talk to sean......one2dmax........he will set you up:punk:

one2dmax has the largest selection I ever seen for a Vmax , I think I saw it in his face book pics but not sure.

Thanks for the suggestion. I looked there but trying to find a handlebar that is 7/8" with a 6" center and doesn't have a ton of rise or pullback is the problem I'm running into.

Sean Morley will have what you need , and / or can build you one to your specs . Support your local guru . :punk:

Thanks guys. I emailed Sean and got some info. I do have a question about the most popular ones, the superbike. I'll probably post another question but for right now:

Anyone using the superbike handlebars how did you rectify that the center is 4" and the top clamp is 5"? Did you cut down the clamp?

Thanks. Yeah it's a little hard to tell but doesn't look like anything is cut. looking more and more like those are the bars to use.

Some recently posted the close up picture asking the same thing. The clamp doesn't fit perfect and ends up grabbing the edges of the bar. But, they do work well and are a very comfortable bar. I can even send you a variety of bars and you ship back what you don't want. Only end up costing you extra shipping.

Sean

I use the Bikemaster Superbike Bars...same dimensions as the one Sean uses but chrome...everything fits fine and perfect riding position aggresive or cruising.

Attachments

• IMG_0534.jpg
    IMG_0534.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 49
Thanks Sean I may take you up on that. I'm torn between the Superbike and European. I found a set in my extra parts bin in the attic and need to measure them out to see what they are. Forgot I had them until I went up there for some other parts the bike needed. And the wife calls me a pack rat when it comes to bike parts. Just goes to show you'll never know when you'll need it.

If these bars turn out to be one of the ones I want I'll order the other set from you. Thanks for all the help.
Thanks for the picture 85.

Well I'm striking out in the bar department. The ones I pulled down from the attic measured out to be the same as the superbike bars. In fact after measuring them all out and placing them in the brackets on the bike to check fitment I then saw that they were stamped "superbike" on the throttle side. Doh! They still didn't seem to fit me right, I need them a bit wider and a bit taller. So I borrowed a set that measure out the same as the LTD bars except their angle sucked.
So now I'm stumped. I need a bar just a little wider than the superbike, an inch or two, and just a bit taller but still with a straighter grip angle. Any ideas?

We could section a superbike bar. Make it wider in the center. The weld will look like ass unless we either rechrome (expensive) or powdercoat it.

Sean

Check into Pro Taper. they are geared towards ATV's and Dirt bikes but a bars a bar as long as it fits you and the bike. I've got a set of SE Series Carmichael bend that are perfect for me....The give you a very clear set of measurements so you know what your buying...

Sean thanks for the offer.

I tried Rusty's idea since I have a Cyclegear fairly close by. Found a bar that works great. Now I just have to figure what to do about grips since my stock bar ends won't fit the new bar. Thanks for the heads up Rusty.

Back