aftermarket speedo and tach setups

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks like a Koso RX2n copy - note that the max range for the taco is 15 K so you will never us 1/3rd of the display and for much of the time will only use the first four segments.

You would also need to budget for a method to pick us a speed reading.

I have a genuine RX2n fitted to mine, which has a 10K scale.

Whether is looks good is in the eye of the beholder!

dbd360de2b601e5cdd366fb2e261ad10f1d89447.jpg

ed93693f2bd11b1ad4836e90e974a3dc71b18dcc.jpg

Anybody think I could make this setup look right on the bike with a complete R1 front end? I'm just looking for ideas and I really like this type of speedo but not sure how I could install to give it a good look. Any thoughts would be awesome or show me what you put together!

http://m.ebay.com/itm/161294008941?nav=SEARCH

I have this exact one mounted on my bike. I'll get some pics later. It works fine, except I haven't found a way to keep the odometer memory on if I disconnect the battery.

That would be great a good write up about the wiring of the beast. I haven't got one since I kind of feel intimidated lol specifically since I have COPs

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

It comes with a wiring chart for what colors match what functions. I just used one of the online wiring diagrams and matched stuff up. Works fine with COPS. I took the tach signal from the gray wire and tapped into all the dash bulbs for the neutral, and signal lights. It really is not that bad if you have done any wiring before. I don't really want to disassemble the whole thing just to make a how-to, though. I probably should, with as much help as I've received from guys on here for other stuff. Maybe once my bike is really running for a few days I'll do it.

Thanks Dave. It looks pretty straight forward. I guess only the fuel gauge won't work without a new fuel sensor. How did you manage the temperature indicator?

Did that koso come with the speed sensors and stuff or was that extra? I would rather go with a high quality unit and that looks far nicer.

Thanks Dave. It looks pretty straight forward. I guess only the fuel gauge won't work without a new fuel sensor. How did you manage the temperature indicator?

No temp for me. I have tach, speed, neutral, turns, and I think that's it. The oil light is always on since there's something funky about the way that wire worked when tapped off the back of the dash panel. I'm sure there's a way to make that work, though. I don't know if it's set up for resistance of some sort or just a y/n on/off function.

Even without temp it's pretty cool for the price. Did you build your own mount, Dave?

who makes such kind of gauge panel? where to buy similar ones?

That looks like a Koso RX2n copy - note that the max range for the taco is 15 K so you will never us 1/3rd of the display and for much of the time will only use the first four segments.

Excellent, creative, clean, neat job there.

Thanks.
Acctually I was reffering to this one (as in the picture uploaded).
Wanted to get similar one for my bike

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200130-110505_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200130-110505_Chrome.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 34
Sample 2

Attachments

• 20200130_110754.jpg
    20200130_110754.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 28
Hi did you have any problems with tacho rev counter , I have tried to use a stewart warner maximum performance on my 97, but when I plug gray for tach signal in , my fuel pump dont stop after 5 sec ,when I turn key.
Is it just my tacho or???

Hi mate where i can find those Water and tachometer gauges?

Back