aftermarket Turn signal Problems...Help plz

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maverick

Reaction score
First of all i am brand new to the forum, and Ive tried searching for the problem but have had no luck. so here it goes. i got a free set of ebay Dual Filament turn signals from a friend who bought them off of eBay, but never used them. i wired them up and when i used the turn signals they instantly blew my fuse. i then installed an extra 15 amp amp fuse and found out that when i turned on the signals the head light would dim a lot. so i tried rewiring them in every possible order but with no luck. So i though i must have broken wires. i opened up the the looms but everything looked great. finally i removed the turn signals off of the bike but left the wires hooked up and then all of a sudden they worked, but still dimmed the headlight a very tiny amount. which i don't know if its normal. obviously they where getting grounded by the metal on the bike, witch leads me to my Questions. are v max turn signals not supposed to grounded to the bike at all, and or do all of your aftermarket turn signals have plastic spacers in order to prevent grounding? here is a link to these turn signal i trying to use. http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALPHA-SUZUK...000-/301589533349?hash=item46382312a5&vxp=mtr

If you would have put the year model and make of your motorcycle in the compatibility chart you would have see before you purchased them that they will NOT work.
Vmax turn signals do not ground to the motorcycle one of the wires will. The headlight will dim a little when the turn signal flashes.
I have 4 chrome ones with amber lenses that will work for $15 plus shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Set-of-Four...URN-SIGNALS-/371302092806?hash=item5673545006

ok thats what i figured, thanks for the reply. and thanks for the tip on the lights, but there not the look im going for.

Back