Age of Vmax owners

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first bike was a Honda 150, after that a Yamaha 750 special in 1980, a GS 1000 in 84, an '85 Goldwing in '89, a Honda XR200R for fun in 2014, an '85 Nighthawk and another Nighthawk (forgot the year model), and now at 57 years I've got this '85 Vmax I have yet to ride...I'm working on it...soon, very soon I look forward to having a sh** eating grin while I hang on!

Good morning all...I'm new on here and just wanted to say hello. 52 year old maniac, just bought an 85 vmax, always wanted one after riding a friends in 86....marriage, house and kids all took priority , but now shes mine...also have an v45 that's going to my son, so he will be infected as well.
Glad this forum exists and look forward to picking bugs outta my teeth at 140 mph.

I'm 53 and bought my Vmax in 2014 and It has been my favorite bike to ride so far. I've been riding since 13 started with mini bikes, then dirt bikes, enduros, and then in to street bikes.

57, have a 2018 Gen 2 that is the best! Previously owned 1989 and 2006 Gen 1 that were both badass, wish I never sold those two. I've owned different sportbikes and cruisers and by far the VMAX is the best!

I'm 20 and just got my 97. My buddy is the same age and got a 89 about 2 years back and I helped him fix it up, loved it so much when I test road it after all work was done that i went and got one for my self :):cool:

I was 61 when I bought my 2002 VMax. I was 20 when I bought my first bike, a shiny new RD400C. How I survived that bike I'll never know...

46 3/4....2000 carbon 9800mi. In the middle of swapping out the starter clutch(cracked). Had “Ecu” issues got a new one..... plus about 2-3 other issues. I’ve had way too many issues with this bike, bought it a year ago. This is my 22nd motorcycle I’ve bought over the years seems like”oh that’s common” is getting tiring to hear.

Im 43. Think I had the max 5 years now. 2nd street bike, 1st was a ‘77 gt750. Bought a ‘12 concours 14 this spring.

I'm 43 I bought my VMax 2 years ago. It's my 1rst street bike. Finally got my motorcycle license. I rode on a permit for two years. The figure 8 was a basterd on the VMax lol.

I’m 71 years old, in my prime.
Been riding since 1966. Bought my first brand new Vmax in 86. Kept it 29 years, sold it to get my brand new 2015 Vmax.
Best bikes I’ve ever owned.

I'm 71 been riding since 1966.
Rode a Suzuki 125 in Japan after Vietnam.
Marines were limited to 125cc due to high accident rate on larger bikes.
Big bikes more dangerous than war? Go figure.

In 1975 purchased a new Kawasaki 750 H2, three cylinder two stroke and still have it.
In 2006 bought two new bikes, a Suzuki GSXR-1000. It still has zero miles on it. And a Vmax.
Too fat to ride the GSXR but ride the Vmax all the time.

I hear ya ,same here .the vmax with the corbin seat and the airhawk pad ,and swan handle bars , they help the most,I can ride all day , I had a Goldwing 1500 and a hayabusa unrestricted,both great bikes , if they had a kid ,it would be a vmax ,lol

Back