Age of Vmax owners

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a few dirt bikes when somewhere around ten or eleven years old, my uncle gave me and my brother a CL200 when i was twelve and we rode the crap out of that bike. Dont know the top speed but was able to get it pass 70, had a V45 Magna and saw the 85 model V-Max at the illegal races and was hooked, I dont know what he had done to that bike but it was fast. Anyway I am now 47 bought my 06 new and would like mine to run like I saw that 85 go one day.

I was 37 when I bought my VMax. That was last week and I'm still 37. My previous/first bike was an 89 Virago 750. I knew nothing about VMaxes 16 days ago. I was wanting another bike (Virago was given to a friend in need years ago), but felt that the cruisers I could afford lacked to much performance. Figured I'd think about designing a cruiser that performed something like the BMW R1200's. It occurred to me it would be cool to have a motor that looked like a V-Twin but we was really a four banger with a descent redline. Next it occurred to me that maybe someone else had the same idea. Googled "V4 Motorcycle Engine"and eventually found the VMax. Read the good, the bad, and the ugly but still feel in love with her. Asked the wife to get me one for my anniversary gift and poof I now ride one.

I plan to mod her more into very nice looking cruiser instead of the more common sport bike look. Now I can cruise with my cruiser buddies or hang with my sport bike friends. No compromises :).

i am 50 and have owned my 03 since 04. i started out on the dirt at about 13 on friends bikes. My parents forbid me to ride motorcycles!! Bought a Bultaco 250 pursang and hide it a buddies house. Then honda 750's, graduated to Z1's owned a v65 sabre for about 4 years and wanted a newer bike. The Vmax was the only answer for me. The CR450 was a hoot!!

I'm a girl ... I can lie about my age all I want ... so today I feel like being 25. ; ) I've been on dirt bikes since 4 yrs old. We have a 2011 Ninja 1000, had (until 2 weeks ago) a '05 V Star Classic & now I have my '97 VMax (for a whole week now).

61 now, first bike was a 3 wheel New Orleans police service cycle my dad bought me at the age of 10. Bikes? too many to list, but I will say I think I have ridden them all because I worked at a bike shop while in high school. I bought my V-Max new in 85 and never regretted owning it. It always put a smile on my face when I ride it.

67 now. First bike in 1958 was a 1948 Harley Hummer. Have had 2 V-Maxes which is my favorite of all time and only bike I have had two of.

Well that's pretty awesome... I guess no matter the age, one should have nothing but respect for the VMax.:rocket bike: Funny thing is I'm less than half the age of the average VMax owner. :eusa_dance:

Ill be 21 in Dec...Ive had my Max since I was 17 and been a forum member here since:ummm: Well honestly I cant imagine how long now.Maybe 2 1/2 years?

MS, IA, KY, all have communities with "Guntown" in their name (Mapquest).

Or, you could say, Springfield MA as it's the home of the 'Springfield Armory,' which is pretty-famous, or is there another location known for gun manufacturing which is known as 'Guntown?'

Just wondering.

As for gender equity, "I'm 25 too!" Bought my '92 a yr. old so I've had it since I was... 6!

I have owned dozens of bikes and the VMax is one that gets attention form all-sorts of bikers.

I'm a girl ... I can lie about my age all I want ... so today I feel like being 25. ; ) I've been on dirt bikes since 4 yrs old. We have a 2011 Ninja 1000, had (until 2 weeks ago) a '05 V Star Classic & now I have my '97 VMax (for a whole week now).

I am 49 and still love to ride. First bike I owned was kawasaki 750 2cycle. Over the years I have had many bikes, to many to list. I finally bought my Max in 1994, wish I would have known about this forum a lot sooner. Everybody is always ready to lend a helping hand when a brother needs advice. :eusa_dance:

MS, IA, KY, all have communities with "Guntown" in their name (Mapquest).

Or, you could say, Springfield MA as it's the home of the 'Springfield Armory,' which is pretty-famous, or is there another location known for gun manufacturing which is known as 'Guntown?'

Just wondering.

Mississippi. LOL. I carry a Springfield ... all the time though.

ms, ia, ky, all have communities with "guntown" in their name (mapquest).

Or, you could say, springfield ma as it's the home of the 'springfield armory,' which is pretty-famous, or is there another location known for gun manufacturing which is known as 'guntown?'

just wondering.

Not too far up the road from where i used to live, in columbus (also a town there are lots of in the us)

mississippi. Lol. I carry a springfield ... All the time though.

Interesting thread...the various ages. I'm 53, been riding bikes of some sort since about 9. Went many years and didn't ride, had toys that entire family could enjoy, boats, RVs, ATVs. Started riding again about four years ago....with my son. Bought us a 76 CB550 and a 78 CB750. Went thru them....rode and had a blast. I got tired of the low power and poor braking of the 750....decided to look for a VMax...wanted one for several years. Purchased one about 6 months ago and love it. Purchased the son an 08 SV650S as I wanted both of us to ride the more modern bikes...better everything and safer IMO due to far better braking, lighting, handling, etc. And there ya go.

Was 42 when I got my first V Max , now I'm 61 with my second V Max...which means I'll be 80 when I get my third V Max...:rofl_200:

Mrs_Max,,,,, 25, you sure? You look younger than that in your pictures....:confused2:

Mrs_Max,,,,, 25, you sure? You look younger than that in your pictures....:confused2:

:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200: Are you trying to be my favorite?? I'm 30 .... but I'll take 21 if you wanna give it to me. :biglaugh:

I?m 52 and had my first bike (Gilera 125cc 1965) when I was 9 or actually it was shared with my bro who was 13. Nearest police station was about 65km (31mi) from where we lived so anything was possible. It still is my dream to get that Gilera back to be restored. Since my boyhood I?ve been riding pretty much all my life but more actively now that my beard is getting gray and I need to spend less time running after chicks... Grrrh! :auto182:

Bought my Max when I was 28, it has survived 6 years of mods so far... :punk:

Been on my own bikes for only 13 years, more if you count the times I "borrowed" my brothers bike

attachment.php

Attachments

• timeline.jpg
    timeline.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 64
Back