Ain't no snow yet!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghostntheshell

Reaction score
Gonna try to get 300kms in this season before the white stuff falls!

Be back in a few hours :D

I rode ~90 miles yesterday, it was a little chilly, got rained on for about 2 miles, but it felt good to be riding.
Go get'em Ghost it won't be much longer and we'll be looking at them motionless in storage!:tantrum:

Ehhh, it's not all bad. Pick yourself up a R1 powered Yamaha snowmobile, aka RX-1, RX-Warrior, or Apex. They put out about 140hp stock, and can be turbo'd to 250+.

My Warrior(long-track version of the RX-1 with taller gearing) will do 115 on hard pack snow, the RX-1's and newer Apex's are even faster than that.

But with the long track and 1.5" lug, acceleration on hard pack trail I think rivals that of the Max. It pulls friggen HARD. Like straining your arms to keep yourself on the damn thing. Plus with the Bender pipe, it sounds just like a R1 sportbike.

The engines are nearly identical, the only difference being the snow version has a reduction gear in the case to reduce the RPM's to a clutch-able speed, and it's slightly tweaked for more mid-range to make it more suited to a CVT drive.

You can find an older(03-05) RX series now for around $4k....they're Yamaha's Vmax for the snow, and like everything that says Yamaha on it, are dead reliable. I have well over 2k miles on my sled since I bought it and haven't had to touch the engine other than for an oil change.

Not the best sled for the "ditch banger" rider, but for flat and fast trails(what I like), it absolutely cannot be beat. You can be doing 80, nail it, and still get a arm-stretching pull....I have not yet ridden a 2 stroke that pulls like that, even Doo's 800 that supposedly has 20 more hp....it's not as fast, it doesn't have the torque of a 4 cylinder 4 stroke.

Well, got me 130kms today. Not too shabby! Beautiful out! Lot's of vboost to boot!

No snow here yet either......:punk:

Riding season continues!!!!!!!!:eusa_dance:

Haven't had snow here since 1986, but this is an El Nino year, so you never know. I dug out my cool weather riding gear this evening for the ride to work tomorrow. Low 60's thanks to the latest cold front. Brrrrrr...:snow:

Haven't had snow here since 1986, but this is an El Nino year, so you never know. I dug out my cool weather riding gear this evening for the ride to work tomorrow. Low 60's thanks to the latest cold front. Brrrrrr...:snow:

We won't see 60 Degrees here again until May:biglaugh:

Kyle...How was the ride home last night?

Say, how long are them fatbags good for....'bout Madrid or so? :biglaugh:

The ride home was OK.....

Need better gloves though....

Them fatbags are good no matter how far you ride FOR them....

I am NOT going to attempt to transport them on the bike....

The oil slick created would surely cause me to weck!!!:biglaugh:

The ride home was OK.....

Need better gloves though....

Them fatbags are good no matter how far you ride FOR them....

I am NOT going to attempt to transport them on the bike....

The oil slick created would surely cause me to weck!!!:biglaugh:

Yeah, lots o grease & oil!! But damn good! :clapping:

I've found a good pair of mittens works much better that gloves for warmth, and don't hinder you any more than heavy gloves do.

Yeah, lots o grease & oil!! But damn good! :clapping:

I've found a good pair of mittens works much better that gloves for warmth, and don't hinder you any more than heavy gloves do.

Mittens.......Hmmmmmmm......I shall look into that:punk:

mmmmm, Fat Bags...
Damn cold last nite.. Pretty sure I took my last ride for the year. Northern Blues will set in I am sure before the month is out.

Glad you guys are still getting some in...Mittens....Might have to try that

Well, I was shooting for 300 and I've hit 500 today!
Beautiful riding. Some sun, around 15 C degrees, not that much wind!

I did, however experience TWO firsts today :

1.) Some cougar was giving me sex eyes coupled with a wink at the gas station

2.) Some old douche in a Cadillac spent way too much time and effort trying to box me on a 4 lane highway. Guess he didn't want me to pass. he spent the whole time looking at me in his rear view, and matching the speed - whatever that was - of the vehicles beside him.

When my opportunity to pass him finally came up (a guy turned off) I pulled up beside him and shook my head. He gunned it - with an angry face. Trying to get to the next guy to continue blocking me. I just hammered it and got away from this idiot. Not too sure what his beef was - but he had one that's for sure. I'm not an idiot - and I like living, so I don't drive like a maniac though traffic - but this guy was something else.

Is this common for those who have been riding for awhile??

Well, I was shooting for 300 and I've hit 500 today!
Beautiful riding. Some sun, around 15 C degrees, not that much wind!

I did, however experience TWO firsts today :

1.) Some cougar was giving me sex eyes coupled with a wink at the gas station

2.) Some old douche in a Cadillac spent way too much time and effort trying to box me on a 4 lane highway. Guess he didn't want me to pass. he spent the whole time looking at me in his rear view, and matching the speed - whatever that was - of the vehicles beside him.

When my opportunity to pass him finally came up (a guy turned off) I pulled up beside him and shook my head. He gunned it - with an angry face. Trying to get to the next guy to continue blocking me. I just hammered it and got away from this idiot. Not too sure what his beef was - but he had one that's for sure. I'm not an idiot - and I like living, so I don't drive like a maniac though traffic - but this guy was something else.

Is this common for those who have been riding for awhile??

Yep......

All too common...:confused2:

Indeed.. especially the cougar bit LOL

Seriously though, at least once a month I get some asshole in a cage stop next to me at the lights and starts shouting abuse about dangerous riding etc.. Guess they're just jealous or faggots.

i had a guy (on a bike tho) reprimand me for the spikes on my frame braces, saying when i got down i'll be sorry. i'm pretty sure my blunt spikes will be the least of my worries if i have 600 lbs of metal on my leg.

Back