Air and fuel filter changed out...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghostntheshell

Reaction score
I got around to swapping my fuel and air filter...

Here are some pics just for fun...

When I opened up the air box, I thought the filter looked OK. When I held it up to the light I could see how dirty it was.....

IMG_5774.jpg

The fuel filter looked old and dirty...............

toda.jpgtoda (3).jpg
________
motorcycle tires

Last edited:
Oh yeah! I also found the tool kit that came with the bike! I thought the previous owner had lost / kept it! Woot!
________
Countach

Last edited:
OLD rule of thumb is if you can see light then you're OK. I don't like that rule but yours really looks OK but better safe than sorry.

Chris

Yeah - the only light coming through was at the bottom.
I am starting new with as much of the basics as I can. I want to swap out all the fluids and such so I can know the status and monitor them.

I have no idea what the PO did to the bike. He did install the hindle (with air leaks) - but other than that - a few things caught my eye that I didn't like...

#1 - It was dirty. Lot's of grime in easy to clean places. LOT'S of grime in the harder to clean spaces.

#2 - The seat was filthy. Scuffs all over it.

#3 - The ignition cover is shredded. Like someone jammed a screw driver in there and twisted.

#4 - The guy used a key chain that scuffed the right hand side scoop. WHY would you allow that? Why??

I don't think he took the best of care for her - although he did put lot's of KM's on her - and maybe he looked at her as more of transportation? Hopefully he did the oil and fluids (my gear oil was crystal clear!) but I will never know :)
________
Ford Sigma engine history

Last edited:
#4 - The guy used a key chain that scuffed the right hand side scoop. WHY would you allow that? Why??

People do that all the time.

I've never had a key chain on any of my bikes for that reason. It ruins the triple tree or in this case the scoop!

Chris

That's why I use one of those splitable key rings - one half's got the home keys etc and goes in the pocket, the other half just has a tiny ring with the single Max key.

Works great - on the bike it can't scrape anything, then re-attach to keep all my keys together in the pocket! Yay.

Back