Air box Mod, yes or no?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Lee

Reaction score
Question,

I am taking my bike into a Carburetor guiro in the next week or so, he is going to clean and rebuild my carbs for me, synchronize them and re-jet them for altitude, since I live in Colorado. My bike has a 4-2-1 Kerker full system, do you guys recommend doing any air box mods before he does all this. Would it be beneficial to do this, any noticeable power.

Thanks for the input

I would recommend Seans Muscle jet kit airbox. Think about it. With the kerker 4-1......you letting more air out, but still restricting the amount of air thats coming in with the stock airbox.

Yes, With Seans airbox, you keep the lower end of the airbox, so you keep the velocity stacks, so you keep your down low torque, plus gain HP and TQ on the topend.

I would recommend Seans Muscle jet kit airbox. Think about it. With the kerker 4-1......you letting more air out, but still restricting the amount of air thats coming in with the stock airbox.

Yes, With Seans airbox, you keep the lower end of the airbox, so you keep the velocity stacks, so you keep your down low torque, plus gain HP and TQ on the topend.

+1 Sean's kit is a tremendous bang for the buck IMO. It gives you the ability to get to that magic 120 HP number.

Flatslide carbs can get you there as well but will cost you at least $2000 more.

Hey Dan Lee, Im in D-town and glad to help any way I can. Set-up as follow's: Main's-175, Pilot fuel-42.5, PAJ1-90, PAJ2-177.5 cyl's 1,3,4 #2 is a 150, Air/ fuel-2.5 out, 5" spring's, Stock needle's, Air corrector's-yes, Morley style flat panel K&N on the box, Crank case breather mod, and running GREAT@ 5280.

Latest posts

Back