Air Breather Cover? DynoJet?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zippo6

Reaction score
Ok, so I'm new to the whole 'Vmax scene' and wasn't sure or not, but I'm positive there is a piece missing from the top of my air breather.... See attached pics.

As per the stickers, could it possibly be jetted and that's why the piece is gone? Should I try to find a used one and replace it?

I welcome all thoughts or suggestions!

Attachments

• Air Breather 1.jpg
    Air Breather 1.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 30
  • Air Breather 2.jpg
    Air Breather 2.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 29
i don't know of any jet kit that removes the Y, i could be wrong tho. also ur running stock exhaust? in which case isn't removing the Y just making it run very lean? if the a/f screws haven't be messed with? u can def get that Y, i bet sean has a billion laying around, if not someone else will but maybe a stage 1 needs it removed?

i don't know of any jet kit that removes the Y, i could be wrong tho. also ur running stock exhaust? in which case isn't removing the Y just making it run very lean? if the a/f screws haven't be messed with? u can def get that Y, i bet sean has a billion laying around, if not someone else will but maybe a stage 1 needs it removed?

I never removed it, it was never there when I bought the bike. Yes, stock exhaust.... perhaps this is part of my rough idle and shitty running at low RPM when it's hot problem?

Dynojet dosn't require the "Y" to be removed, unless your going with the individual filters then you ditch the whole airbox.

Dynojet dosn't require the "Y" to be removed, unless your going with the individual filters then you ditch the whole airbox.

So with the Y removed it can cause the bike to run rough at low idle when hot?

I've PM'd Mr. Morley to ask if he has any kicking around. I'm also going to email the PO to see if he has it kicking around in his garage. Sounds like it's worth the 4 hours drive time to go get it!

Not worth the 4 hours drive time compared to having him mail it. I sent you a message reply back.

Sean

I run the Dale Walker stage 1 with the Y removed the bike runs great. No low speed or idle issues what so ever. Plus it is always over 100(in the summer) deg in Redding so it works great in the heat also.

So with the Y removed it can cause the bike to run rough at low idle when hot?

I can't answer that. I ran without mine and other then more intake noise, it felt the same as it did when it was shimmed. So I went back to the shims.

Like 2stangs there are several out there that are running without the Y and have no complaints.

You may have some other thing going on thats causing your idle issues.

I can't answer that. I ran without mine and other then more intake noise, it felt the same as it did when it was shimmed. So I went back to the shims.

Like 2stangs there are several out there that are running without the Y and have no complaints.

You may have some other thing going on thats causing your idle issues.

Ya, I'm leaning toward Dirty and out of synch carbs. I ordered a Morgan Carbtune Pro Friday night. Then I get to learn a whole lotta new stuff once it arrives.... like removing, cleaning, re-installing, and then synching the carbs.... I tell ya, it's one great way to learn!! One thing is forsure, without the 'How Toos', walkthrough's and threads on this forum, I would never attempt this stuff because I would have no idea where to start!

Thanks again guys for your help!!

:worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:

Latest posts

Back