Air Cleaner to Carb Boot Replacement....Do it!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bikedave99

Reaction score
So, after a couple years struggling to get my airbox to sit on my carbs and actually stay sealed... I finally broke down and ordered the replacement joints. The difference between the old and the new is astounding. The old joints may as well have been made of plastic as pliable as they were. They were shrunken and brittle/hard. The new ones look bigger and actually flex. I nearly cried when I put the airbox on with the new joints and saw them seat fully the first try and grab tighly to the carbs. Here are some comparison pictures which show the difference. Sorry, the pics are hard to focus on the right thing, should have put it on macro.

IMG_0692.jpg

IMG_0694.jpg

Yep, just sold a set today and have to get more to have on hand. Been seeing this more and more lately. The current bike would keep popping the box back off and wouldn't start. Push the box back on and it would fire right up.

Sean

Ha ha, I don't even think I have seen Starsky and Hutch... I'm pretty sure I have heard the quote before though!

Yeah, for anyone who takes longer that 10 seconds to put on their airbox and get it to seat evenly.... this is the ticket!

Latest posts

Back