Air filter hose no2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nswizard

Reaction score
Hi guys,

parts for my vmax came from the paint shop few days ago and i've start to assemble it. Have a ton of photos and notes but seems i slipped one thing.

On the bottom side of air filter box there are two hose connectors. One goes down between carburetors to oil breather but i do not know where second hose goes. Even better i cannot find that hose within parts box. Maybe it was not there when i started to unbolt my vmax. :(
Even better then that, i cannot find that hose in air filter schematic.

Do you guys know what is that used for and where should it go.

Tnx!

Please check attached image. I've marked the mysterious connector.

Tnx!

Attachments

• airfilter.jpg
    airfilter.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 41
On the California model there is a canister/puke can that this hose may go to......

ze5ebume.jpg

I don't believe there was ever a hose connected to that nipple on my 85. If it ever were, it fell off long ago, and I never saw any remnants of it on the bike.....and I have taken pretty darn good care of my ole' 85 all these years. I think I'd have noticed a hose dangling.

Mine does have the larger nipple attached to a hose leading straight downward, through the carbs and onto the crankcase.

On my 2000 US Non-California model,
The Nipple at the rear of the air box connects to an oil drian hose (just in front of the Coolant reservoir).
attachment.php

The one at the front doesn't connect to anything.

Attachments

• Vmax_Airbix_Oil_Drain_Hose.jpg
    Vmax_Airbix_Oil_Drain_Hose.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
That doesn't connect to anything. Its free for draining. Only the rear one connects to the crank breather like you mentioned.

If you look in the airbox you will see a very small filter located over that location. it's a drain only and connected to nothing as has been mentioned.

Latest posts

Back