Air filter mounting questions

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elimax

Reaction score
Hi folks. This is not a VMax-specific question, but you guys are the best web folks I've dealt with, so I'll ask the question here.

I'm working on a 1994 Honda CB1000, and I want to install individual air filters on each of the 4 carb bodies. However, 2 of the filters would have to have curved rubber mounting necks so the filters wouldn't crush up against the frame of the bike.

Do y'all know if K&N makes such filters, or if any other air filter company does? Lemme know!

Thanks.

Elimax

Try your local speed shop or maybe the auto parts store for radiator hoses.

Hi Fire-Medic:

I'm not looking for the hoses, I'm looking for the filters...I just bought some new radiator hoses and they're excellent, but it's the filter situation is what I'm trying to solve at this point.

Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Elimax

I have 4 new ones in boxes, will check the mfg & part # tomorrow. 2 wheel Larry

That would be great, 2 Wheel Larry...lemme know what you find.

Elimax

air filters are made by EMGO #12-55752 (52mm, 4 req'd)
crankcase breather UNI # UP-123
Hope this helps. Got everything here & never used it, stayed with original setup
Usually get to Sedona in February. Unless u are going to Thunder?
Larry

Thanks, Larry! That definitely helps. I'll look at their online images and see if they'll fit the bill.

Also, sadly, I can't go to Thunder this year....but Sedona is not too far from here, so let me know when you're up there.

Thanks again.

Elimax (Aaron)

Back