Air horns?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waylander

Reaction score
Ok, got a warrent of fittness the other day (state inspection thingy..) but the guy told me that my horn would not pass the next one in six months. So I'm looking to replace it. I want something a bit louder aswell so the deaf boy racers with thier stereos on full blast can hear me over the shit they call music.

Thought about air horns but was shying away from them as I have never seen them mounted anywhere that looks nice on a nakid bike. Answere was actually stumbled on by a mate of mine. Inside the faux ram air ducts. Put one horn in each and it'll hide them nicely while still be able to hear them nice and loud.

My question is, where would I mount the air tank and pump? Very small units usually so may be able to just put them where the old horn is. But more than willing to listen to others ideas.

Also want to know what precations if any I will need to take when wireing them up so as not to blow a fuse or worse the whole system..

Cheers in advance.

Check this one out nautilus air horn by stebel, I bought one and yes it is very loud but mounting it proved difficult as they want the cylinder to be in a vertical position, I can't find a good location to install it, it comes with the relays and everything you need.
http://www.stebel.it/stebel/index2006.htm

Waylander said:
Ok, got a warrent of fittness the other day (state inspection thingy..) but the guy told me that my horn would not pass the next one in six months. So I'm looking to replace it. I want something a bit louder aswell so the deaf boy racers with thier stereos on full blast can hear me over the shit they call music.

Thought about air horns but was shying away from them as I have never seen them mounted anywhere that looks nice on a nakid bike. Answere was actually stumbled on by a mate of mine. Inside the faux ram air ducts. Put one horn in each and it'll hide them nicely while still be able to hear them nice and loud.

My question is, where would I mount the air tank and pump? Very small units usually so may be able to just put them where the old horn is. But more than willing to listen to others ideas.

Also want to know what precations if any I will need to take when wireing them up so as not to blow a fuse or worse the whole system..

Cheers in advance.
________
herbalaire vaporizer

Last edited:
BAHAHAHA THe one for the train would be fun!! wonder how big it is? J/k..

Thanks mate will look into it presently.

The Nautilis ones look like they could fit inside the air scoops, if the mesurments are metric.

Last edited:
5 inch x 4.5 I think they have the dimensions on the site.

Waylander said:
BAHAHAHA THe one for the train would be fun!! wonder how big it is? J/k..

Thanks mate will look into it presently.
________
hot box vaporizer

Last edited:
They will not fit in the scoops, I wish they did, do a search on nautilus air horn

Waylander said:
Yea those should sit just inside the air scoops.

I don't see anywhere I can order them from..
________
herbal health

Last edited:
O.K. guy's; I just saw this post and can offer something here....

I bought the http://www.wolo-mfg.com/ .........from pepboys auto but they are available all over just use your computer....

The electric air motor is inside my factory air box without obstructing airflow and is a nice fit..it's in the left front corner.....The clear plastic tube and the two wires go through the front vertical wall of the airbox through holes I drilled; the wires have a grommet which seals up nicely and the tube I just drilled the hole to a size that compresses the tube slightly and seals it as well...

The horns are about 7-8 inches long and about 3 inch bell on the end and are mounted in a "criss-cross" or x shaped fashion. The are in there with a downward tilt so as not to hold water....

in front of the carbs, above the sight line of the air scoops where they can not be seen...
the are basically just below the bracket that holds the ecu and front coils.....they are held in place with heavy duty tie wraps/zip-ties

If I had not already removed the V-boost motor they would not have fit there.....

They are loud as fuck and never fail to wake up the cagers when they need to be woken up......

Latest posts

Back