Air Scoop "Panels" and "Screens" question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corkman

Reaction score
I have a question: My 03 Vmax came without scoops. I purchased the scoops used and order new screens and panels. I was surprised to see that the right panel is solid (no air flow in) while the left pane is not (air can flow in). Does that make sense?

Never noticed... But maybe to help keep the three electrical boxes cool on the left side..
My one bike has no inside panels just the screen....

I don't thinknit does. I cut the slots out of mine when I installed LED'S behind the scoops

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

The side with the coolant manifold is slotted and the other one is a solid plastic plate. I opened both of mine up in an attempt to get more air directed at the airbox and it worked, brought my a/f ratio up about .3-.4 of a point..

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Solid on the electrical side (Left) to protect from the elements. Slotted on the right to try and keep the scoop from getting too hot and burning you.

Sean

Mine is just the opposite as yours, slotted on the left (electrical side) and solid on the coolant side. I wonder why they would be different?

Back