air seat crazy creek

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All I see is ones with a back on them... No special cushion like the airhawk with straps and such to hold it on.

I've got something similar I put on for long trips- from "crack of dawn" paddling supply. Got it off ebay for like $25 shipped. It definetly helps keep my butt from "falling asleep" but I don't really like the inch or so of increased seat height- I have to tip-toe at stoplights, or only use one foot. There's a little plug you can pop out to let air out, and I run it almost completely deflated. Then I can almost flatfoot it(I can without the cushion) but I'm still not as stable. There's a bungee cord that goes under the seat to hold it...sometimes slides a little when getting on/off the bike but no big deal.

Good option for long-distance days, and certainly cheaper than a new seat. Seats are so friggen expensive, and mine is in absolute 100% perfect condition so I can't make myself dump $500 on a new one. I'll take the $25, slightly dorky option over the stylish $500 one.

Who needs the show when you've got the go?

I spent about half that on my Morley seat... 500 bucks? WTF are you looking at?

I spent about half of what Chris paid for my Morley seat. Like $120 plus shipping or something like that. I only had the front section reworked. It blends right in with the original stuff. Looks great.

I had Sean build me a custom seat for me for waaay cheaper than $500. If pillion comfort is not a priority then just rework the front section.
Sean will even do it on a exchange basis (if he has spares) so you don't miss riding time! :thumbs up:

i think corbin is $4/500. go with morley man. just the front is a great deal.

I have a Corbin. Sean's version was $300 as an exchange, so yes, Corbins always work out more expensive than stock, but I had no choice as I never had a stock seat and never managed to get the one from my spare bike from the asshole who sold me it..

I think the Corbin seat was like $489 or something....

Anyway, hows the Morley seat "reworking" thing happen? Do I mail him my stock seat or what? For only $120 I'd be interested.

He makes you one. Sends it to you. You try it. If you like it, you pay him and send your stocker to him as a core.

Chris

How's the Morely seat for comfort? I do a lot of day trips and 500 mile days are not that uncommon for me. My ass goes to sleep on the stocker in about 30 min, after that I'm constantly adjusting and standing up every so often.

If it's a significant comfort boost for only $120 I'd definitely do that.

How's the Morely seat for comfort? I do a lot of day trips and 500 mile days are not that uncommon for me. My ass goes to sleep on the stocker in about 30 min, after that I'm constantly adjusting and standing up every so often.

If it's a significant comfort boost for only $120 I'd definitely do that.

Do it, you wont regret it.

Unfortunately, I got my Corbin before I started poking around on this website. I have the newer Corbin, without the leather flap. It's WAY more comfy than the piece of crap that came on the bike. I'm a big dude, and all my weight was on my inner thighs with the factory seat. I really love the Corbin, but if I would have known about Sean's conversion, I would have gone that way. Nothing like supporting the guys who support you, right?

the main reason for sean's is comfort. don't know ANYONE that regretted getting one. i would recommend sean's mid-cut over the full one though.

yea. i didn't like how far down you sat with his full cut-away when i tried out vmaxride06's. so i asked sean and he also does a what he called 'midcut' and it leaves a bit more padding and you aren't as 'bucket' feeling. to each their own.

Neat. Thanks for the info. I'll get on this over the winter...only another month or so in the riding season up here.

How much lower is the "midcut" versus "full cut" versus stock? A little lower than stock would be good for me, since I can't quite flatfoot the Max-heels are slightly lifted. I'm only like 5'8" or so.

Latest posts

Back