Airbox question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Linkdead

Reaction score
I've seen some pictures of airbox mods that have holes in the upper duct cover. Is this still something worth doing? I have my airbox out for mods so now would be a good time.

If you are talking about the rear duct/cover that wraps around the air box and doubles as part of the air filter retainer, there really isn't much advantage to do it. You can actually completely remove the cover and replace it with a bracket that holds the top of the air filter in against the air box. You can make the bracket or purchase one from Sean Morley (I think). If you are going to go that far, you might as well remove the internal air restrictor if you haven't yet.

Is the Sean Morley bracket mod worth doing? I have a Guru'd ECU, K&N filter and full Delk exhaust.

You likely won't notice anything with just removing that cover...not with your current setup. The other thing I don't like about that setup is you loose one of the connections for the airscoop. I was thinking about going this route but when I bolted the remaining 2 bolts, it wasn't as secure...had just a bit of play without that 3rd bolt. You did remove that restrictor plate in the airbox, right?

Latest posts

Back