Airbox

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john rossignol

Reaction score
Can you use 4 single pod filters in place of the air box without messing with the carbs

Unfortunately, no. You'll need to add air correctors to the main air jets and possibly adjust the main fuel jet.

Mark

Beside the cool look if pods why do you want to do it, how is your bike set-up now, exhaust, jetting, ignition, where are you (altitude)? If you luck out and get that kerker I would suggest a Morley's muscle jet kit/air box mod. if you read up in the carb tune section about success running pods its usually a full stage 7 set-up for racing.

Pod filters can be set up for the street effectively. Keeping v-boost and using stacks below the filters to keep the mid range. Mark is the guy to talk to about that setup.

Thanks for the info,i,ll keep the stock box , what a pita to put on , I will put new rubber boots ,and a better breather tube , for now

I think i found a new solution to my shrunkin rubber airbox boot, this drum wood shaper been floating around ,for ever ,plus I found down the dump. one boot was one inch and 7/8 ,the drum is 2 inch ,so tried it ,and it worked , who knew lolol

Attachments

• IMG_20190916_190735.jpg
    IMG_20190916_190735.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 14
The new boots makes it SO much easier to install the box it's not even funny

I reemed the two bad ones out and they fit great , if they break I,ll contact you , thanks , this drum grinder , is exactly 2 inchs ,it fits into the good ones , any shrunken ones ,its takes out the excess rubber, I,ll better call a patent lawyer

Attachments

• IMG_20190916_190735.jpg
    IMG_20190916_190735.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 5
Back