Ais plugs

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bowaleed

Reaction score
Any one have photos for the Ais plugs installation, it is in the starvmax.com but as you know the site is down, so if any one have it please send it here.

I put plastic caps on mine and removed all the plumbing, not an easy task

If you've been re-flashed and you ordered the AIS disabled, then there is no need to do anything. It's been deactivated in the ECU.

If you've been re-flashed and you ordered the AIS disabled, then there is no need to do anything. It's been deactivated in the ECU.
No my re-flash option is active and I already have my Ais plugs, and I already have my air box out I just want to know wich one I have to close, because there is only one hole lead inside the air box

No my re-flash option is active and I already have my Ais plugs, and I already have my air box out I just want to know wich one I have to close, because there is only one hole lead inside the air box

You have to plug the 2 hoses going in and out of the solenoid valve. No need to remove anything if you don't want to.

You have to plug the 2 hoses going in and out of the solenoid valve. No need to remove anything if you don't want to.

If you're still not sure I have photos but need to look for them.......I have hundreds and hundreds of VMax related photos, but they are currently not organized as well as they should be.

The front one was booger to cap, I ended up taking the upper radiator hose off at the radiator to get to it.

The front one was booger to cap, I ended up taking the upper radiator hose off at the radiator to get to it.

Yeah....if you remove everything it is a bit of a job.

But taking everything off is only for asthetics, just capping at the valve is all that's needed to disable it's functionality.

Yeah....if you remove everything it is a bit of a job.

But taking everything off is only for asthetics, just capping at the valve is all that's needed to disable it's functionality.
Thank you for your help, I installed it successfully.

"itgoes" that video you posted helped me A LOT (#7) I was thinking that AIS hose was under the air box and had been trying to take out, with no luck by the way haha. Just wanted to give credit where credit is due.

I know this is an old post but I'm still having some backfiring after plugging off the ais (substantially less though). I currently have a power commander and akro x pipe with akro mufflers. I picked up an ais blockoff plate kit and was curious how difficult it is or if anyone has any pictures of the install?

I know this is an old post but I'm still having some backfiring after plugging off the ais (substantially less though). I currently have a power commander and akro x pipe with akro mufflers. I picked up an ais blockoff plate kit and was curious how difficult it is or if anyone has any pictures of the install?

Block off plates are not necessary...if the AIS is already plugged it's doing the same thing as the block off plates.

Do you know your way around the Power Commander software a little bit? If you, do all you need to do is add 10% fuel in the 0% throttle position column from 1000 rpm up to 4000 rpm. Backfiring will be all gone then.

If you need help let me know, I can post a screenshot of what that looks like, talk you through it or you can send me your map and I'll do it for you.

Last edited:
I know my way around a bit, I loaded dynojets map for the akro exhaust system they have on their website figuring it would get me by until I was able to get the eco reflashed, I'll give the suggested 10% a try. It doesnt back fire much and really it's only when I down shift while slowing down.

Figured I have the block off plates already so to clean everything up I would just install them if they weren't to much work.

I've never done it but I hear they're a little bit of work I think that at the very least the radiator needs to be loosened up as well as the front motor mount.:(

I'd like to do it myself to get rid of the hoses because they're in my way on my bike when I'm working on the blower. But.... It sounds like a pain in the ass and I got a bunch of stuff on a list to be done before I get to that.

Last edited:
Back