Ak-47

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im slobbering on my keyboard. I want it just cant swing it right now.

The one gun I wish that I had not sold is my Ruger Mini 14 .223 it had a folding stock 40 round clips and was fully set up to carry a flash light scope and bayonet I loved that gun...

I've never sold a gun that I didn't regret later.

Having said that, I think Dave, spec ops is right. A gun ban or registration isn't going to pass. A private sale ban probably will pass.

I think the market price is as high as its going to get right now if it already hasn't started coming down as the likely hood of a gun ban seems to be decreasing. So if you really want to sell it now is as good a time as ever.

As far as value I don't really know, a pre ban Norinco with one 30 Rnd clip is worth about $1100-1500 in Houston right now. What variant you may have I don't know the value of at all tho.

Edit, I called my gun dealer buddy and he said the pre ban Norinco is around $1400 at the moment.
I have no idea what components you have when saying American made or built but the Norinco should give you a point of reference anyway.

There is something to be said for having Un-papered (non 4473'ed) guns in the event a universal background check (private sale ban) passes, which I personally think probably will.
I think any fed legislation that passes will grandfather in and not require registration of any existing guns. Current fed law specifically forbids registration by the Feds of anything but NFA items. But a 4473'ed gun is easily going to be registerable since the BATF can't be trusted not to use those forms they failed to destroy like the law says they are supposed to. It's a back door to future registration, and even if they do destroy the forms like they are supposed to they can simply confiscate all the dealer logs which are required to he stored for 20 years and use those for a registration effort.
I would not expect ANY state gun legislation to even he introduced in Texas unless its something that tries to offset or counteract new fed laws.
Texas constitution forbids cities from passing gun regs so that's not a worry in your Republic of Austin even with all the hairy legged tree hugging liberals you have on city council.

Last edited:
AS you have other semi auto rifles, I would take the profit now. I don't think you have to worry about anyone coming to get your AK- esp in Texas. The one bad thing I think WILL pass is the so called "universal background check". This will most likely take the form of forcing all gun sales to go thru dealers and the 4473 process. This is actually a great selling point right now because many do NOT want their semi auto rifles to have a 4473 on them. I won't mention any names but I know a certain best friend that has been buying guns for years to give to his best friend so there is no trail beyond the recept he made out with no name on it.

Hell you could get another V-Max for what you can get out of that rifle and goodies!

I may have a line on a couple AK-47 Pistols in the next month. They're in 5.56 NATO Cal though.:bang head:

Having 2 Vmax's isn't a blessing at times.....Luckilly, both of mine seem to be at 100% right now. "But Wait"....:rofl_200:

BTW: Never been sorry about selling a Gun. Made a lot of Happy Campers in my Life. Besides there's always another right
around the corner just waiting for me to find it...

I just sold a Romanian made AK for $1300.00 so there is money to be made,,,,Love the H&K by the way,,,I would never sell mine

I just sold a Romanian made AK for $1300.00 so there is money to be made,,,,Love the H&K by the way,,,I would never sell mine

My H&K will never see another mans hand not while Im alive at any rate. I love this little pistol. Best 700 bucks I ever spent. I do have a high capacity Chinese riot military shotgun that Im not using anymore.:ummm::confused2:

Recently did a trigger job on my stainless Mini-14 ranch. 3.5 lbs pull with no creep. :biglaugh::eusa_dance: I built a custom barrel weight years ago and it's much more accurate now.:eusa_dance: Thinking about switching to a red dot aiming device rather than the 3x9 scope.

I would not sell this weapon or any others unless I REALLY needed to.

BTW: What's the thoughts on using 5.56 ammo in the Mini-14 ( .223 cal) I know that there is some difference.

Lew

Latest posts

Back