Akro cat delete pipe

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VmaxRider85

Reaction score
I have my '10 bought it used guy had the bike with it on with no tune, I took it off bc it was unsure if a tune was needed or it's safe?! Please help I miss the sound.. Message me or write back..

I would without a doubt get a tune (PCV) or better yet get your ecu reflashed by Tim Nash...
Your engine will run lean without a retune. Not overnight damage but damage still

I took it off running stock only thing aftermarket the guy put on is a override for the speed so it's not govenered anymore even though I don't go fast on it

Could a good tunner tune for an open cat using the factory cyl enrichment through the ECU?

Could a good tunner tune for an open cat using the factory cyl enrichment through the ECU?

Rick the way I understand it is the you can only tune for idle up to maybe 2500 rpm....that is the closed loop part of the fuel control. That is also the range of the stock O2 sensor, it is not a wideband.

Rick the way I understand it is the you can only tune for idle up to maybe 2500 rpm....that is the closed loop part of the fuel control. That is also the range of the stock O2 sensor, it is not a wideband.

So basically that's just for cold start? or any slight of idle bog or to adjust if a plug reads lean?

I miss the sound lol I can def tell a difference with more weight in the rear the guy had the pipe on when I bought it and the bike had 3300 miles on it I was afraid that it could hurt it with no tune the bike doesn't have a power commander and I have no paperwork showing a tune, guy gave me every piece of paper he had and nothing to show anything done to the ECU

Back