All Balls Racing seals???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prmurat

Reaction score
Anyone had any luck using these fork seals:
e65842be620f77fe13465a8a3da912b7.jpg

On a 94 ? They seems to be one fits all and are too thick (here compared with the stock one):
22821e0afb2a13b744a95732b14f46b4.jpg

Clips can't fit ...
Even the dust seal coming with it does not even looks like the stock one:
3a1427843804aed8539cb882e945e0ad.jpg

Just ordered Yamaha genuine parts!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They leaked from day one on my bike. Switched to OEM. No problems.

The only aftermarket fork seals I'll use are SKF, which are far superior to factory Yamaha...but you pay for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only seals I use for my customers if the OEM seals. The rest are junk that we've ever tried.

The only seals I use for my customers if the OEM seals. The rest are junk that we've ever tried.

I totally agree Sean...but, my shop was a service center for a big name suspension supplier. We did mostly motocross and off-road under The service center title.

Off-road is unbelievably hard on seals. We'd have OEM seals fail after one moto just from the harsh environment.

Then KTM OEM started using SKF green seals and we noticed they rarely failed unless a fork got horribly nicked or a bolder tore through them.

When they became available for other makes, we put them in everything. Our seal failure rate went way down.

They are a self-sacrificing/self lubricating material.

I swear by them now. They are available for the 1993+ VMAX.

SKF claims double life to OEM.

Just my experience though.

http://youtu.be/y4H_kiWl2jM

I can check into them but will have to get some good personal experience before I really make the leap over.

The ALL Balls gave out in the first 15 km. Not sure about KTM but stock seals are perfect.

I'm not sure about these particular seals but I've had good luck getting the numbers off various seals over the years and sourcing them from NAPA or some other auto parts supply.

Latest posts

Back