all cruiser ETs and weight....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love to see a stock VR run 11.40.

I know thats what the mag says but thats just wrong info. Maybe 11.80 with an experienced 120 lbs rider on a really good day.

Love to see a stock VR run 11.40.

I know thats what the mag says but thats just wrong info. Maybe 11.80 with an experienced 120 lbs rider on a really good day.

I think they 11.40 Vrod is as realistic as the 11.10 vmax, very, very few can get Vmax down in the 11.10 range stock; and they are usually really small and really good.........

I've run against a half dozen different Vrods at Houston Raceway park, I weighed 235 at the time and was running 11.40's on my bike, I've got maybe 150 passes under my belt by now so I'm no slouch but I'm definetly stilll and always an amateur....

I would typically beat them by about .15-.20 seconds, although I had one guy beat me 1 out of 3 times one night, and it wasn't one of my shitty passes either....

The Vrod weighs about the same as the max, has about the same or slightly more hoprsepower, and more torque...

It's only failing is that as a longer stroke Vtwin it "runs out of breath" at high RPM's, when the max is still pulling hard to 10,000

My guess is the Vrod is an easy 11.40 bike with a good rider wieghing 150lbs, most of the guys I was racing were my size....

I really don't think the list is that far off... Morley did a 11.2 on my bike that had 15k miles on it. I'm sure these numbers came from good, light riders, but why wouldn't companies and magazines put the best people they can get on these bikes?

It is an interesting find.
But these stats would have to be done on the same track at the same time and conditions with the same rider in order for them to be a true comparison.

It's missing the Kawasaki 454LTD unfortunately - the only cruiser out there with a crotch rocket engine (half of a 908cc Ninja in-line 4).

That thing beat a brand new Corvette on a standing 1/4 mile back in 1985..

If you're going that far back, you'll have to add the Eliminator.
That thing was a screamer.

If you're going that far back, you'll have to add the Eliminator.
That thing was a screamer.

I loved the eliminator, the ZL900 and the 1000. I hate to say it, if Kaw still made the eliminator bikes I would have got one. Actually, no, I hate to say it. :) I love that ZL series over the Vmax.

Ok guys... flame on :punk:

Attachments

• zl1000.jpg
    zl1000.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 14
yup, whack his pee pee!

...but you have to admit that they were fast. Hell even the 250 was a quick little bastard.

It's missing the Kawasaki 454LTD unfortunately - the only cruiser out there with a crotch rocket engine (half of a 908cc Ninja in-line 4).

That thing beat a brand new Corvette on a standing 1/4 mile back in 1985..

I briefly owned an LTD but I don't remember it being a fast bike. :hmmm:

Actually the 3rd gen Magna has the crotch rocket engine from the VFR750, albeit tuned for midrange...

..................what??? free peepee wacking????

and to think ...all these years iv been paying Mistress Xeon for that pleasure.......

Don't see the Triumph Rocket 3 on there. My father in-law has one that I've ridden a few times. Never raced him, but i'm sure it would be a close race. Pretty damn quick for something that sounds like a John Deer tractor.

Don't see the Triumph Rocket 3 on there. My father in-law has one that I've ridden a few times. Never raced him, but i'm sure it would be a close race. Pretty damn quick for something that sounds like a John Deer tractor.

Those bikes HAUL ASS for weighing in at 800lbs. I believe I saw something about them running bottom 11's.... I'd love to own one for my cruiser.

The RocketIII will run with the legacy VMAX's stock for stock with the VMAX ahead a bike length.

They had one at the dealer and I was trying to get the owner to get it up to the dragstrip. He didnt want to risk dumping it.
They are no slouch for the weight, but than again they are almost twice the CC as the VMAX with a 2300CC engine. Divide 2300 into HP compared to 1200 and it shows that the VMAX engine is a more productive.. Dont compare torque numbers though, the rocket makes close to the torque as a Peterbilt with a CAT 480 diesel :rofl_200:

Back