All I can say is wow........

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traumahawk

Reaction score
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/...sketh-2100cc-valiant-supercharged-motorcycle/

Supercharged Brit breaks cover
Reborn British brand Hesketh launched a new bike at the Carlole Nash MCN London Show last weekend – and it's a 2100cc monster!

Named the Valiant after the cold war bomber, the bike is based around an absolutely enormous supercharged v-twin, which pushes out a massive 217ftlb of torque with 210bhp on tap – and that figure is just the start. Hesketh are hoping that this could be somewhere nearer 250bhp when the bike is tested later this year.

The Brits have been trending towards large caliber cruisers, like the 2300cc triple Rocket III which is closer to 140 tq/hp but some top end kits and even turbo kits get the numbers in excess of numbers mentioned on this bike. Gotta say I like the looks of this one, it has that retro cafe racer appeal, retro being another thing the Brits have observed though many Triumph models.

I'll just smile and accept this as an apology for years of Jaguar/MG/AH. I'll bet Bill is right on with the price, unless they mass produce like Triumph has. It might be one of those hoity toity hand crafted exclusive things that cost as much as a 2 bedroom home in the burbs. I want to ride one.

An unfortunate choice of name as the Vickers Valliant suffered fatigue failures to the wing spars which led to their early retirement.

Hope that Hesketh haven't made the same sort of mis-calculation!

Who here has seen the James Hunt/Niki Lauda Formula 1 racing pic by Ron Howard, Rush?

I liked it quite a bit. Here's what one of the subjects had to say about the movie and the other principal character: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/film/rush/niki-lauda-interview/

James Hunt was a Formula 1 driving champion. He got a career boost from a young member of the English House of Lords, Lord Hesketh. Apart from a sponsor of a Formula 1 racing team, Lord Hesketh also owned a motorcycle manufacturing concern, bearing his name, which produced a DOHC V-twin, 1000 cc. The bike came as a naked and in a faired, grand-touring style, which was called the Venom Vampire.

Years-ago, in Ft. Lauderdale, there was a bike night at a popular restaurant called 'Fuddrucker's.' Hundreds of bikes showed-up during the evening, and impromptu wheelie contests would occur in-front of the location. There were condos and residential rentals close-by, and they hated the crowd and the noise.

It was one of those places where guys and girls would bring their rides to show them-off, and to meet, with groups of riders leaving from there to go to deserted superhighways by the Everglades, to run top-speed contests. Some people wouldn't bother going that far, and there were always riders driving like crazy people on the surface arterial roads, and on the interstates leading to and from the restaurant.

The variety of bikes you could see there was amazing, you could see Iron-Curtain bikes, two-stroke twins and singles; all the latest sport bikes of whatever displacement the riders could afford, and some bearing pavement rash, zip-tied-together fairings, or fairings removed, and cobbled-together headlights and instruments; vintage bikes from Europe, the UK, and the USA, and of-course lots of Japanese bikes; cruisers, dual-purpose bikes caked in Everglades mud, even rat bikes.

One of the guys I used-to run-into occasionally was an attorney from Miami FL, named Pedro. He was a criminal attorney. He had a few bikes, but one that I always was glad to inspect up-close was his Hesketh. Not just any Hesketh, but a Venom Vampire, the fully-faired GT bike. It was a copper/brown color, and I thought it was the most-interesting thing in there, and probably one of the most-rare. There was a guy who used to show-up on a Honda RC-30...

The Hesketh was a wide-angle V-twin. As Kevin Cameron said, "the British engine makers use too-many fasteners on their engine castings," and the Hesketh seemed to be proof of that, The cam cases seemed to have a fastener every inch and a half along their perimeter. The engine cases, likewise. It reminded me of seeing a Rolls-Royce aviation engine used during WW II, the Merlin. Look at the cam covers of a Merlin and you will know what Kevin Cameron was talking-about. Before the helicopter turbines invaded Unlimited hydroplane racing, big WW II aviation engines were what powered boats like Miss Budweiser, owned by a Florida Anheuser-Busch distributor, Bernie Little. I saw those race at the Miami Marine Stadium, on Biscayne Bay, and to see the small-diameter props they used it amazed me to see the speeds the Unlimiteds were capable of. Maybe fifteen inches in diameter, with razor straight edges.

So, Pedro would come up from Dade County (Miami) to the Ft. Lauderdale Fuddrucker's, and often on the Hesketh. It's I think the second one I've ever seen, and the only faired example. As I mentioned, Pedro was an attorney, a criminal attorney, and the life in Miami FL metro area in the 1970's and into the 1990's was a real hotbed of drugs, disposable income, and conspicuous consumption. Miami Vice wasn't just a tv show, it was how things were, even-if Frank Zappa wasn't busted by Crockett and Tubbs for selling weasel dust. Scarface was not far-from the truth. An example, there was so-much money flowing through the Federal Reserve banking system in Miami, there were negative flows elsewhere in the country. The Miami skyline seemed to sprout overnight, dozens of high-rises every year, year after year. And Miami Beach, "South Beach" which was home to jet-setters, movie stars, and business owners (don't ask questions about, "what kind of business?") became world-famous, and a tourist destination where supermodels had to elbow one-another aside to be noticed by the paparazzi.

Pedro the Miami criminal attorney had a client who needed quick cash to defend himself in a criminal court of law, and the Hesketh changed hands, and the title now was Pedro's. This was the era of the Ducati 851 Superbike, the 888 SPO, and soon, the 916. But the English Bulldog, the symbol of the rugged nature of the protector of the British reputation for fleet motorcycles, borne of Edwin Turner's Speed Twin, pre-WW II, the Brough Superiors ridden by TE Lawrence, better-known as Lawrence of Arabia; the Norton Manx and the Matchless G50, and the mighty HRD Vincent Black Shadow and Black Lightning, their existences were precedents for the Hesketh, the rugged bulldog of British motorcycling.

Unfortunately, if you've seen the movie Rush then you know Lord Hesketh spent himself into near-bankruptcy sponsoring the Formula 1 team, and starting a motorcycle company. I haven't googled the total production of all the Hesketh designs, but I doubt it was even 1,000. So, Pedro's Hesketh Venom Vampire was one of a small number produced, and very collectible.

I haven't looked at the new Hesketh design, after I finish this, I'll take a look. I hope the new line has more longevity than the original Hesketh did.

ClickHandler.ashx
ClickHandler.ashx

Hesk-2.png

On the late 1970s, when the British bike industry was on its deathbed, a high-living, petrol-head aristocrat strode onto the scene like a knight in shining armour. Alexander Fermor-Hesketh, the third Baron Hesketh, had already proved himself by building the car that took James Hunt to victory in the 1975 F1 Dutch GP.

Would he be able to achieve the same success with his eight-valve V1000 V-twin? Sadly, no. The V1000 was cursed with a multitude of faults and fewer than 150 were built before the company went bust.

The pic with the production figure for the old Hesketh is the new Hesketh.

Good read n the Hesketh Vampire made a few years ago-------http://americanmotorcycledesign.blogspot.com/2014/07/hesketh-motorcycles.html

The Brits have been trending towards large caliber cruisers, like the 2300cc triple Rocket III which is closer to 140 tq/hp but some top end kits and even turbo kits get the numbers in excess of numbers mentioned on this bike. Gotta say I like the looks of this one, it has that retro cafe racer appeal, retro being another thing the Brits have observed though many Triumph models.

I like the looks of this one as well. I like the looks of the older bikes, or even retro. I like the triumphs.

Interesting bike.
The numbers don't seem too impressive considering the displacement.

A tuned vmax puts out approximately 1 HP/10 CC with 1984 technology. There are plenty of bikes out there surpassing this ratio.

This bike is supercharged and has the same ratio as the max

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back