All new design 2019 vmax1700

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the oil pump recall stopped after 2011. Just to avoid that I'd personally buy one 2012 and up.

Yes, the black cherry popped when I came ACROSS it in dealership, I went to look at a red 2017? New at that time, walked out with a 2015, with 1700 miles , haggled price down to 10,500$, they got their money back on the extended warranty, which was a waste of money, as its only been in shop for mods/ NEVER A BREAKDOWN. Shaft drive, liquid cooled, its a bullet proof freight train!

I looked around for gen2 issues and found this :
The VMAX is an incredibly well engineered and there are very, very few issues to be wary of. A few owners have reported leaks from the shaft drive and there was a spate of oil pump issues, but these were quickly sorted out by Yamaha.

Then I also looked at some specs of the gen2 and found this?

I think the vmax from 2009 to 2010 was speced at 174hp and after that it when to 197hp in later yrs ?
I thought the hp was all the same? Yamaha may have done this for tariff concerns and maybe did a paperwork change ?

I was thinkin of the 2017, the red is like my 85 color, just wish it was the same deep red
Thanks for the replies !!!

Excellent
black cherry would be great! Some pics seemed to show that color but it was hard to really see it, thought it was a dark pic, but Yes I like that. So it was before 2017 ?
Do you recall then year of the cherry, I aint really seen any?

I picked up a 2009 last summer with 1200 miles on it from the original owner. Oil pump recall was done plus you can call Yamaha and they can verify it by VIN(I had done this before I picked up the bike). As was mentioned I would buy whatever you like or best deal as they are all the same spec wise. Love this bike; I have a few different bikes and this one is def a favorite.

Excellent
black cherry would be great! Some pics seemed to show that color but it was hard to really see it, thought it was a dark pic, but Yes I like that. So it was before 2017 ?
Do you recall then year of the cherry, I aint really seen any?

Black cherry was the 2015 color. This is my 2009 with 2015 body parts.

DC Max 1.jpg DC Max 2.jpg

Hey guys

Thinkin about a Vmax 1700

I have had a few Gen1 Vmaxes and love them to death. Well almost, I had to stop riding them for a year to slow down my addiction to speed, to power, to acceleration. Did this a few times.

So to slow the addiction I got a klr650 and when off-road. Liked offroad as a kid and it was great. It did slow me down and I stopped talking to myself and kicking myself in the ass. Helped my skill set

I said to myself, I would not go to Gen2 the 1700 Vmax, but I may just funkin do it. What is the best year of the Vmax 1700. First year usually needs updates etc. I think after a few years Yamaha is all set changes.

But I do not know what year is best Whata do you Gen2 guy think??? ??
The 09s are the same and nothing has been changed or needed to. The Gen2 are amazing, bullet proof bikes. I have 80k now on mine. Only tires and good oil and you won't go wrong.

I heard that 2012 is faster then the rest due to hyper engine tolerances and yamalube super Hyper synthetic oil.

HEY ITGOES
Thanks for the pics. The 2015 cherry red reminds me of my first 85Vmax. Real nice and driveshaft leeks and oil pump problems faded away by then. But there was not a lot of problems anyway

lots of Gen2 guys say they are bullet proof have up to and over 80k on them

I parked my first 2 gen1 vmaxes at 50k I wasted 2nd gear on one and then eng locked up at 70 mph on the other.

Thanks for the input you guys know your stuff !!

Yes, the black cherry popped when I came ACROSS it in dealership, I went to look at a red 2017? New at that time, walked out with a 2015, with 1700 miles , haggled price down to 10,500$, they got their money back on the extended warranty, which was a waste of money, as its only been in shop for mods/ NEVER A BREAKDOWN. Shaft drive, liquid cooled, its a bullet proof freight train!

Pays to shop online for the extended YES warranty!

Back