• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Alleged Morley Muscle

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A pic of that bike, the Winston-Salem NC bike, did you buy it? Easy-enough to fit a fender, if that's the only thing against it, and you believe the 'price is right,' it looks like a good candidate. looks like it has air shocks off maybe a Venture? The exhaust treatment looks LOUD! It appears to be a stock system missing the megaphones, like they were bandsawed-off, and some sort of a diffuser was added to the stub. I don't see the rear passenger loop either, another amputated part, that's one-way of weight-reduction. Is that a WOLO 'Bad Boy'-Stebel Nautilus-copy airhorn between the front exhausts?

If you buy something from Kyle, you know it's been gone-through. Six cu.in. larger, and built by one of the best guys on-here for engines (Damon), another good ride. I'm interested to-see a pic of the air filter/faux gas tank cover removed to see the induction system. Apparently it sports some-sort of custom, VBoost-eliminating intake manifold, and possibly a 4 bbl carburetor?

Vmax_1200__1986.jpg

Kyle's Damon Bike:

VMax 1300 Damon-Kyle.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, I stumbled upon and pulled the trigger on an '09 shortly after seeing the ad for the '86. Paid 3k more but happy with the purchase.

It's currently stripped down to its skivvies. All the beautiful carbon fiber body panels gently tucked away in a guest bedroom while I finish replacing the Doodoo, er, I mean Voodoo exhaust.

I've already completed Nash's airbox mod, installed the K&N filter, and reattached my recently Gurued ECU. Still need to swap the oil and filter with fresh Yamalube.

I'd really like to install new plugs but after watching a video of the process, I'll wait till the 20k mile mark. Holy snikeys, what a PITA!

Still, it'll be ready before the weather is.

A pic of that bike, the Winston-Salem NC bike, did you buy it? Easy-enough to fit a fender, if that's the only thing against it, and you believe the 'price is right,' it looks like a good candidate. looks like it has air shocks off maybe a Venture? The exhaust treatment looks LOUD! It appears to be a stock system missing the megaphones, like they were bandsawed-off, and some sort of a diffuser was added to the stub. I don't see the rear passenger loop either, another amputated part, that's one-way of weight-reduction. Is that a WOLO 'Bad Boy'-Stebel Nautilus-copy airhorn between the front exhausts?

If you buy something from Kyle, you know it's been gone-through. Six cu.in. larger, and built by one of the best guys on-here for engines (Damon), another good ride. I'm interested to-see a pic of the air filter/faux gas tank cover removed to see the induction system. Apparently it sports some-sort of custom, VBoost-eliminating intake manifold, and possibly a 4 bbl carburetor?

View attachment 75518

Kyle's Damon Bike:

View attachment 75519
It has a Demon 500 2 barrel on it but can be bought with the stock set up to. I will take some better pictures of it later. The bike might be possibly going to Australia

To clarify we did the front fork setup for that bike (using a 2009 R1 set if I recall correctly)

I have a 2001 with an inverted front end and a 1300 CC motor with less than 5000 miles on it built by Damon F that I would let go for that price not a penny less though
Brother Kyle, ever have that dynoed? I would like to see a Vboost comparison. Decent price on bike. Damon is good on these. I wish he was active on forum.

Brother Kyle, ever have that dynoed? I would like to see a Vboost comparison. Decent price on bike. Damon is good on these. I wish he was active on forum.
I have not dynoed it. I believe Damon told me he got 135 out of it but I think that was with normal carbs. I don't think you will see any better numbers with this carb set up since it is a little rich. The motor is just a basic 1300 nothing really special just completely rebuilt . It has to be one of the quietest running Vmax motors I have ever heard.

Speaking of Holleys and such, I saw where Edelbrock is changing things greatly in their business model. One year at Daytona Bike Week, I got to spend a few minutes speaking with Vic Jr. at their display, an interesting time. I was interested in hearing him speak about 'the early days,' when his dad started the company, and they were big-into SCTA events, and the hot rod culture (1950's).

Yes, a comparison of a properly-tuned 2 bbl carburetor against a OEM set would be interesting. My $ would be on the OEM set-up, once it's tuned, being comparable to anything-else normally-aspirated, especially where rideability comes into-play. The VBoost is an ingenious way to have your cake and eat it, too, across the rev-band. A good tuner can tune an engine's carburetion for operation in a narrow rev-range, say, high-output for dragstrip use, but the low/midrange will suffer. If it's a track-only bike, you don't need the below 6000 rpm performance, but I suspect most riders with licensed streetbikes want and need full-spectrum performance.

I have not dynoed it. I believe Damon told me he got 135 out of it but I think that was with normal carbs. I don't think you will see any better numbers with this carb set up since it is a little rich. The motor is just a basic 1300 nothing really special just completely rebuilt . It has to be one of the quietest running Vmax motors I have ever heard.

Working-backwards, a stock VMax produces ~1.5 HP/cubic inch. 1200 cc=74 cubic inches; 74 x 1.5 HP/cubic inch=111 RWHP, which is probably right in the ballpark for a stock bike. The highest dyno reading for a stock bike I have in my library of VMax road tests is 119 RWHP. Since 100cc=6 cubic inches, and 6 x 1.5=9, then 111 RWHP and 9 =120 RWHP for the average.

Working off that 119 RWHP dyno test, and adding the 9 HP, you get 128 RWHP. That's pretty-close to Kyle's estimate of 135. A bit of port work, and maybe upping the compression ratio a bit, 135 RWHP doesn't seem to be out of the question.

I'm sure that Sean Morley could reel-off some impressive numbers for things he's done, and PCW for their Tourmaster 1500 engines.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back