Almost bought a 2008 FZ1

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heretic

Reaction score
I stopped by a small family owned Yamaha dealer in Bellevue, NE (small town south of Omaha) today to see what they had available. On the floor they had a red 2008 FZ1 with the gold wheels and forks. 0 miles, they don't test ride them until they have a buyer. They only wanted $8400, and I made the comment that I didn't like the factory fairing on it. Turns out the salesman owns an FZ1 and was in the process of converting his to the Euro style FZ1-N with the New V-Max style headlight and offered to throw the headlight assembly in if I bought the bike. Damn that headlight retails (if you can get one since its for the Euro models only) at $800. So I'm thinking the actual price of the bike would only be $7600 because I would have to do the headlight change if I had one. Needless to say I'm still thinking about it...

Sweet bikes. I'm partial to the look of the older models - say 2002.... but there is no question they are great bikes. A heck of a lot of bang for the buck.

My brother has a 2003. Yep it's a nice bike, but I think he has a problem with it. The rear tire keeps wearing out with only doing burnouts just before he changes them! I think he rode 10k miles this year and used up 2 conti's and a michelin(I think).

FZ-1n headlight available at Burlington Yamaha (in NC)..was thinking of doing that headlight for the Max but going with the Shiver instead..

You cant go wrong with that bike. I had a 06 that was piped and mapped. I just traded it in on a 09 hayabusa.

TC

Are we talking trade-in here?

I wouldn't be able to give up the max,

but if you could have it as a second bike ( just call it Michelles bike) that would be awsome!! I've always liked the FZ, One of my best friends had an 02' and it was a great bike.

Back