Almost Gave up on the Vmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chilly

Reaction score
My dream of owning and ridding a vmax was almost crushed .
All due to rediculous Insurance companys heer in Ontario .
Thankfully I was able to shop arround a bit . and find a fair company among the two bit theives......
First of all (jevco ),my currant policy holder, is the most disgusting of them all, wanting to charge me almost $7.000 so thier gone when my policy comes due in the spring .
I found two that Im considering.
first bieng (riderplus).probably is my best option .best offer iv got yet .
Second being (primmium).....
Is there anyone Else I should consider .

All due to ridiculous Insurance company's here in Ontario .
Thankfully I was able to shop around a bit . and find a fair company among the two bit theives......
First of all (jevco ),my currant policy holder, is the most disgusting of them all, wanting to charge me almost $7.000 so their gone when my policy comes due in the spring .
I found two that I'm considering.
first being (rider plus).probably is my best option .best offer iv got yet .
Is there anyone Else I should consider .[/QUOTE]
HOW MUCH ARE THE OTHER OFFERS ?

(Riderplus) Quoted me $1231.
I cant Remember what Primmium Quoted me but it was slightly more .
Big differance from $7000.

I went to Primmum from Jevco this year when Kingsway was bought by Jevco. Jevco wanted to renew me at $3800.00 from $800.00 the previous year with Kingsway. They said The V Max was on thier blacklist of bikes so they add a 300% surcharge. I wound up going to Primmum thier price is $630.00 for the year same policy !!!! It pays to shop around .From what I hear some people have had good luck with Dalton Timmis if your record is clean,
Good luck

Is That For Full Coverage ?

.nope ,liability only .im 37 years old .
But ive only had my motorcycle licence, and motorcycle insurance for 1 year .
and even though ive been driving cars and trucks for 20 years and auto insurance for 20 years .with clean record. this means nothing to them .
So I gotta pay high at least for a couple of years ,

I pay $110.00 a year with Dairyland. I think the others are north of the border and insurance is different there..

I get full coverage through Progressive. $160/year, full coverage. Geico originally quoted me almost $400 for my 500cc Magna, Progressive did $90. So it definitely pays to shop around, but Progressive seems to have pretty good rates for bike insurance.

$3800 for insurance? You've got to be kidding, that's insane. One of my friends is 26, has loads of speeding tickets(not so much lately...he's learned to not stop haha), and rides a R6. He pays like $800/year and gets every single "high risk" surcharge. Young, tickets, sportbike= bend over.

i don't know if progressive is available in canada, is it? I pay 94 bucks a year for full coverage on my 85 max and 31.50 on my 1980 suzuki gs 450E with 4300 miles :)

+1 for progressive, less than $100 full coverage- actually I went through Esurance but its underwritten by Progressive

All due to rediculous Insurance companys heer in Ontario .
Thankfully I was able to shop arround a bit . and find a fair company among the two bit theives......
First of all (jevco ),my currant policy holder, is the most disgusting of them all, wanting to charge me almost $7.000 so thier gone when my policy comes due in the spring .
I found two that Im considering.
first bieng (riderplus).probably is my best option .best offer iv got yet .
Is there anyone Else I should consider .
Try Allstate.....they charge me about $650.

+1 for progressive, less than $100 full coverage- actually I went through Esurance but its underwritten by Progressive

Please define " full coverage " , as my liability and u.m. coverage is that much with Progressive . I could use full coverage for that # .

Man, two harleys,and a 86 vmax,full coverage,500 a year and I thought that was high!!!Guess it pays to be a member of AARP. LMAO

Back