Alternate steering stabilizer?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sonoran6

Reaction score
is there any way to install a stabilizer like this
4dw006s.jpg

as opposed to this

V-maxSTEERINGDAMPER01.jpg

That set up out to the side would kill it for me and would never use that set up. What happened with straight across parallel to the tach/temp gauge?

^ That's the HyperPro Damper:
http://vblackmax.com/vblackmax04/index.htm
Or
http://calsport.co.uk/YAMAHA/3521-1989-V_MAX_1200_XMS/0-,/,/78136

From everything I have read though, no one seems to feel it really makes much difference on a VMax.
I'd think that an AfterMarket Fork Brace, A Frame Brace and properly set Head Bearing Nut, it's about as Stable as you could really get.
I did the Furbur fix,fork brace & damper shock. The thing will still wobble when my front tire starts to ware out.:bang head:

Attachments

• Bits--5 Indecator Console.jpg
    Bits--5 Indecator Console.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 44
Right on, my friend has an ohlins stabilizer on his bike, but he wants a different one. I was go.na see if I could buy his and get a different fork tube clamp/ mount. And try to figure out a way to install the stabilizer part right above the radiator

Everything can be done with enough ingenuity, patience and engineering... Everything that is different of those setups might need to have a bracket welded to the frame or similar. Most sportbikes now use that setup with the damper on front or in between the forks

my brother bought a 41mm clamp from shindy/daytona and welded a nut onto his frame for the stabilizer, and bought the stabilizer. it was about $125-$150 cheaper that way than buying the kit.

From everything I have read though, no one seems to feel it really makes much difference on a VMax.
I'd think that an AfterMarket Fork Brace, A Frame Brace and properly set Head Bearing Nut, it's about as Stable as you could really get.

I was wonderin that myself...?..

does anyone have any experience with these actually making any improvement?
(and I dont mean the difference "just cuz I spent alot of money on one and intalled it on my bike ,it makes a difference" ...I mean actual independent comparison.?.?. ;) )

just curious

Latest posts

Back