Alternative spark plug

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firefly

Reaction score
I've always used NGK Iridium & love their performance & long life, I also used Bosch Silber (silver center electrode) & found them comparable to Iridiums in performance at a fraction of the cost, they are the same heat range as stock NGK spark plugs.
Part # = XR4CS Bosch Silber

I've always used NGK Iridium & love their performance & long life, I also used Bosch Silber (silver center electrode) & found them comparable to Iridiums in performance at a fraction of the cost, they are the same heat range as stock NGK spark plugs.
Part # = XR4CS Bosch Silber

Long life - yes.
Performance? No, not even a little.

Price...nevermind.

Hi five mr firefly...

Im comnenting you theory about spark plugs.
What Im trying to say is that adamantium plugs are waste of time and money.

Last edited:
Hi five mr firefy...

Im comnenting you theory about spark plugs.

what theory I tried both and giving feed back on the Bosch silber, did you try them & had a bad experience with them? if so what was your experience, do you prefer iridium NGK , regular NGK or something else.

I have tried some of these of course with no great advantages.
I realized one thing for a first time, when I was watching some very fancy video demonstration on some automotive shows.
They were showing how cool irridium plugs are and how better they burnt the fuel - in theory you need approx 20kV to ingnite the fuel.
We can extract couple basic SPARK factors like voltage, power, charge, temperature and time.

So tell me, basic on all of the phisics laws and thoeires,logically, whats the diffrence from what the electrodes are made?

I have tried some of these of course with no great advantages.
I realized one thing for a first time, when I was watching some very fancy video demonstration on some automotive shows.
They were showing how cool irridium plugs are and how better they burnt the fuel - in theory you need approx 20kV to ingnite the fuel.
We can extract couple basic SPARK factors like voltage, power, charge, temperature and time.

So tell me, basic on all of the phisics laws and thoeires,logically, whats the diffrence from what the electrodes are made?

are you talking about iridium plugs being not worth it? or the bosch not worth it? & you prefer the regular plugs?:ummm:

I am not saying you'll gain hp or any of that crap.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I first tried the bosch silber with its stock gapping I didn't like them but later re gaped them to vmax specs & tried them again they perform as good as Iridium. easy starting & smooth acceleration, the price for these bosch silber has dropped to the price of regular NGKs.

No hp gains or anything like that just fast starts & smooth acceleration.
silver electrode offers the least resistance which will produce a hotter spark which in turn helps to help complete combustion.

We've always just used the standard NGK's with no problems at all. Hard to justify the cost difference. Don't buy your NGK's at the dealer since they are overpriced there.

Sean

No smoth start or acceleration - its just your imagination cuz you just spent 5 times more bucks to buy a plugs.

I would not even recommend them to v-max engines at all cuz irridum plugs dont like rich conditioned engines therefore provides worse cold start capabilities.

I was calculating long live efficency comming form irridum plugs once and I came into one idea - its the same cost when Im replacing stock plougs every season and replacing irridium ones every 5th season.

Bosch silber is a mytch of them all.
People always need a "spoiler" to live on....

I replace with standard NGK's every spring. Only $10.

Man, slow down & try to understand what's written in the post.
if you like regular NGK stick with them, for other people that like NGK iridium I suggest they try Bosch silver since it is the same price as regular NGK. we the vmax community spend on our vmaxs lavishly so don't tell me a $12.00 spark plug is too expensive for 20,000 miles and more. If iridium was just a myth tell that to motorcycle manufacturers who have them in stock bikes like R1, busa and other bikes.

No smoth start or acceleration - its just your imagination cuz you just spent 5 times more bucks to buy a plugs.

I would not even recommend them to v-max engines at all cuz irridum plugs dont like rich conditioned engines therefore provides worse cold start capabilities.

I was calculating long live efficency comming form irridum plugs once and I came into one idea - its the same cost when Im replacing stock plougs every season and replacing irridium ones every 5th season.

Bosch silber is a mytch of them all.
People always need a "spoiler" to live on....

Im slow, Im telling you :wacko:
And I understand everything crystal clear - maybe even better then you.

Spark plug is a spark plug - all those slogans like irridium, platinium, silber and blah blah only sounds nice.
Irridium itself is a very rare and expensive royal material - the same route as diamond provides when you want make something more realible. If you are ok with them then go ahead I salute you.
But dont tell anyone thats a great advantage over the price while its not.

I guess resoning with "I understand everything crystal clear" is my mistake.

Im slow, Im telling you :wacko:
And I understand everything crystal clear - maybe even better then you.

Spark plug is a spark plug - all those slogans like irridium, platinium, silber and blah blah only sounds nice.
Irridium itself is a very rare and expensive royal material - the same route as diamond provides when you want make something more realible. If you are ok with them then go ahead I salute you.
But dont tell anyone thats a great advantage over the price while its not.

I guess resoning with "I understand everything crystal clear" is my mistake.

Look, I'm not in the mood to edit out all your cheap shots at people because they don't agree you. State your case and leave your attitude somewhere else. There is a reason you have been banned from just about every forum and Yahoo list and you are displaying that reason here. Someone disagreeing with you doesn't make either person wrong. I must have been in a good mood when I took you out of Moderated Reply status, but if you keep this up, I will put you back into it.

Latest posts

Back