aluminum ramps

Yamaha Star V-Max VMAX Motorcycle Discussion Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

shawn kloker

Reaction score
Does anybody use the arched aluminum ramps to load their bike into a pickup?I had wooden ramps and the pipes would hit before it got into the truck.I would like to be able to take it in the truck instead of pulling a 6x12 trailer all the time.Thanks,Shawn

Buster Hymen

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
shawn kloker said:
Does anybody use the arched aluminum ramps to load their bike into a pickup?I had wooden ramps and the pipes would hit before it got into the truck.I would like to be able to take it in the truck instead of pulling a 6x12 trailer all the time.Thanks,Shawn
I've used them with dirt bikes and dual sport bikes, but I haven't tried them with a street bike. Hate to see the VMax tumble off of that. If the angle of the ramp is too steep for the pipes, try finding a hill that you can back up to and load the bike up the ramp that way. It makes the ramp less steep... of course you need a hill where you off load too...:whistlin:

shawn kloker

Reaction score
My bike is pretty low too.Thats why I thought the arched ramps might work.I am going to try to borrow a set and try them if I can to see instead of buying them first.

A vmax is definately alot harder to load than a 250 motocross bike.Unloading is the worst part.

Buster Hymen

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
It just sounds like you need longer ramps to lessen the angle of the ramps. However I know your bike is lowered, and depending on the height of your truck, you may need some really long ramps.
Or maybe something like this would work http://www.overbiltlifts.com

Last edited:

davidon

Reaction score
I had to buy a alum ramp from Advanced auto in an emergency. Its a folding kind. ..and was about 95 bucks. I was'nt sure if it would support the weight but the bugger worked. Mind you i had to get a running start and roll the thing up the ramp and into the truck by myself..not fun. Unloading I agree with the previous post about finding a hill to lessen the angle.