aluminum ramps

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawn kloker

Reaction score
Does anybody use the arched aluminum ramps to load their bike into a pickup?I had wooden ramps and the pipes would hit before it got into the truck.I would like to be able to take it in the truck instead of pulling a 6x12 trailer all the time.Thanks,Shawn

shawn kloker said:
Does anybody use the arched aluminum ramps to load their bike into a pickup?I had wooden ramps and the pipes would hit before it got into the truck.I would like to be able to take it in the truck instead of pulling a 6x12 trailer all the time.Thanks,Shawn

I've used them with dirt bikes and dual sport bikes, but I haven't tried them with a street bike. Hate to see the VMax tumble off of that. If the angle of the ramp is too steep for the pipes, try finding a hill that you can back up to and load the bike up the ramp that way. It makes the ramp less steep... of course you need a hill where you off load too...:whistlin:

My bike is pretty low too.Thats why I thought the arched ramps might work.I am going to try to borrow a set and try them if I can to see instead of buying them first.

A vmax is definately alot harder to load than a 250 motocross bike.Unloading is the worst part.

It just sounds like you need longer ramps to lessen the angle of the ramps. However I know your bike is lowered, and depending on the height of your truck, you may need some really long ramps.
Or maybe something like this would work http://www.overbiltlifts.com
loader1.jpg

Last edited:
I had to buy a alum ramp from Advanced auto in an emergency. Its a folding kind. ..and was about 95 bucks. I was'nt sure if it would support the weight but the bugger worked. Mind you i had to get a running start and roll the thing up the ramp and into the truck by myself..not fun. Unloading I agree with the previous post about finding a hill to lessen the angle.

Latest posts

Back