Always read the instructions!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcmem8

Reaction score
Just writing to vent my frustration, I made a school boy error today.
I am in the process of repairing my tank and since I had the rear guard off I decided it would be a good time to respray (all the red parts of bike to mat black) so I bought some Paint Stripper.
(Already some of you know what I am going to say) yep I put a thick coat of paint stripper on both mud guards and as I walked off I thought gee I hope it doesn't affect the plastic. So anyway when I came back I was sad to see the plastic had bubbled in a few spots. Should have read the bloody bottle it clearly says don't use on plastic! :bang head:
I spent a few hours sanding and its got allot of little dimples in it which I am hoping I can fix with spray filler.

Moral of the story.... Read the instructions:icon_rolleyes:

Just writing to vent my frustration, I made a school boy error today.
I am in the process of repairing my tank and since I had the rear guard off I decided it would be a good time to respray (all the red parts of bike to mat black) so I bought some Paint Stripper.
(Already some of you know what I am going to say) yep I put a thick coat of paint stripper on both mud guards and as I walked off I thought gee I hope it doesn't affect the plastic. So anyway when I came back I was sad to see the plastic had bubbled in a few spots. Should have read the bloody bottle it clearly says don't use on plastic! :bang head:
I spent a few hours sanding and its got allot of little dimples in it which I am hoping I can fix with spray filler.

Moral of the story.... Read the instructions:icon_rolleyes:

one2dmax has a body kit off of an 07 listed if in case you cannot get it straight enough. Sorry to hear that happened...

A DOH! award is in order i think. Admins step forward... I don't know how to do it...

Back