Americade '12

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaWarrior

Reaction score
So this starts in Lake George NY this tuesday-sunday. If you've been to other bike rallies there's nothing particularly unique, though there is usually an excellent turnout for demo rides(loads of OEMs and machines, last year there was Gen2 up for grabs at the Yamaha tent) and a pretty expansive vendor show. There's all sorts of seminars, day rides, ect offered as well, though this is a "touring" rally so they're all very low-key.

I'm thinking me and Steve will try to meet sometime Tuesday. I'm free afternoons during the week if anyone else wants to take a ride up and check it out. There are some nice roads around here if you break away from the tourist trap village.

Weather is kind of spotty....forecasts show the good old "30% chance of scattered showers" all week. Which up here really means a whole lot of nothing.

Seems like I see more Gen 2s decked out for touring ala Kawasaki Concourse style. At Kyle's tech day, I saw some well executed bikes that just screamed Day trip albeit in the fast lane! I wonder if Star ever contemplated a "tour specific" rendition or I suppose they are just happy to sell you an add on luggage rack and hard backs and leave it at that.
At least you know you guys will be the quickest and fastest things there. Watch out for those Goldwings popping wheelies. They look like trouble to me.

Back