Americade 2012

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I may go with a couple guys my wife works with, a big harley and a vstar 950. prolly leave early come home late same day

planning on it myself too. might be my last chance to go w/the fam before my brother moves to florida

Been there worth going for demo rides.

And they supply the pipe? cool, I'm going.
rofl_200.gif

I'd like to go this year and will be riding up 495 to the Ma pike rt 90.
I'd rather ride with someone if possible. Iif the weather craps out bad, I might still go and trailer up.
Steve-o

I'm sure I'll be there for a day. Steve, meet up with me in the Troy area and we could ride up from there. Hope you like to ride fast! My place is literally like 30min from lake George, you could crash there for the night if you want.

The demo rides are nice, they did have a gen2 at the Yamaha tent last year. Tip for that though is to go mid week. If you go on Saturday better be waiting at the tent an hour before they start otherwise you'll never get a demo spot. Even mid week they were booked for the day by about 10-11 am.

There's so many hardlys with straight pipes the police won't notice one more loud bike. They do tend to camp near this one "showoff stoplight" that's right in front of a bar with a large deck facing the road. Seen them bust people for burnouts. Their other main point is parking. If you park on the street(good luck) you need a "PP" sticker. Otherwise you have to pay like $5 for a private lot.

The vendor zone (tour expo) is pretty huge as well, though it's nothing you haven't seen at any other mc rally. Last year I didn't really find any wonderful bargains, most stuff was right around retail.

We should all take a Harley and race them out of town a ways(HD let's you just take the bike, don't have to go in a guided group like everyone else does). That's how I know a XR1200s top speed is 112, I took it on he highway and pinned it, haha.

I'm sure I'll be there for a day. Steve, meet up with me in the Troy area and we could ride up from there. Hope you like to ride fast! My place is literally like 30min from lake George, you could crash there for the night if you want.

The demo rides are nice, they did have a gen2 at the Yamaha tent last year. Tip for that though is to go mid week. If you go on Saturday better be waiting at the tent an hour before they start otherwise you'll never get a demo spot. Even mid week they were booked for the day by about 10-11 am.

There's so many hardlys with straight pipes the police won't notice one more loud bike. They do tend to camp near this one "showoff stoplight" that's right in front of a bar with a large deck facing the road. Seen them bust people for burnouts. Their other main point is parking. If you park on the street(good luck) you need a "PP" sticker. Otherwise you have to pay like $5 for a private lot.

The vendor zone (tour expo) is pretty huge as well, though it's nothing you haven't seen at any other mc rally. Last year I didn't really find any wonderful bargains, most stuff was right around retail.

We should all take a Harley and race them out of town a ways(HD let's you just take the bike, don't have to go in a guided group like everyone else does). That's how I know a XR1200s top speed is 112, I took it on he highway and pinned it, haha.
Sounds good Ryan, thanks for the offer.I'll be in touch for sure.
Steve

They do tend to camp near this one "showoff stoplight" that's right in front of a bar with a large deck facing the road. Seen them bust people for burnouts.

That bar/deck is an awesome place to hangand watch the hooligans. I saw this blown & extended swing arm VMax do the most impressive wheelie right past there and up the road and out of sight years back.....never forget that one.....

If the weather's good I would consider making a day trip. Better yet, if any of you guys wanted to go in on splitting in on renting a house I would chip in.

Sure thing....let me know. I've got a spare bedroom and a couch open to any VMFers who want it.

You need a wristband to get into the demo area, and if you don't have a band they charge you like $10 to get into the vendor zone. Last year I got one for free since I knew someone who worked for Can-Am. I think a single day wristband is like $20 and will get you into everything. The OEM ones were a different color(all access all week), I saved it....hopefully the same color this year? haha

The bar is Fire and Ice. Like everything else in Lake George it's shitty and overpriced. Last year they were getting $4 for a bottle of warm coors light, and there was literally a line out the door for them.

My litle Bro, just called me to tell me he booked a room for Sunday and Monday(he can't wait to destroy me on the highway for all the roll ons i've burnrd him on..LOL). I might stay for another day though. So, anyone there during that time call my cell phone 508-274-8203.
I live to meet you guys. I might take you up on that offer if still avaiable Ryan, for Wed. Either case lets hook up? Anyone riding Sunday, we're leaving the Cape about 7am. Going up
495 to 90. Be great to have some of the Bro's ride along.
Steve-o

Sure thing....let me know. I've got a spare bedroom and a couch open to any VMFers who want it.

You need a wristband to get into the demo area, and if you don't have a band they charge you like $10 to get into the vendor zone. Last year I got one for free since I knew someone who worked for Can-Am. I think a single day wristband is like $20 and will get you into everything. The OEM ones were a different color(all access all week), I saved it....hopefully the same color this year? haha

The bar is Fire and Ice. Like everything else in Lake George it's shitty and overpriced. Last year they were getting $4 for a bottle of warm coors light, and there was literally a line out the door for them.

That's ok I've been drinking soda now for 15 years. Alcohol makes me brake out all over. Usually in metal braclets.
biglaugh.gif
Been know to have other forms of recreation now, if you know what I mean.

Last edited:
My litle Bro, just called me to tell me he booked a room for Sunday and Monday(he can't wait to destroy me on the highway for all the roll ons i've burnrd him on..LOL). I might stay for another day though. So, anyone there during that time call my cell phone 508-274-8203.
I live to meet you guys. I might take you up on that offer if still avaiable Ryan, for Wed. Either case lets hook up? Anyone riding Sunday, we're leaving the Cape about 7am. Going up
495 to 90. Be great to have some of the Bro's ride along.
Steve-o

We'll see what happens with the weather last minute.....a couple of my guys have been asking......see what happens when we get closer.....

I just figured out my schedule for work this summer....and this fits right in. I have sunday/mondays off (don't have to go in until 10pm monday). Wednesday night you'd be welcome to stay, but I'd be going in at 10pm tuesday night and would be back at 6am wednesday.

So I could meet up with you somewhere in western Mass and then ride up to LG together on sunday. Hit the demo rides bright and early on Monday....last year I think I went on a Tuesday and got like 4 demos in before everything filled up, they say Fri/Sat you're lucky to even get one. Even better, last year the Yamaha tent was "out of the way" at million dollar beach, so there were a LOT less people there. They let you demo up to 3 bikes per person, per day.

I'll get you to LG in a jiffy. And show you all the good MC roads in the area, hopefully away from the glut of tourist traffic that normally clogs up the whole area. Are you staying in the village? There's like a million hotels and resort-y places on Canada St(rt 9, the main drag through town), and that road turns into an absolute nightmare beginning Americade week lasting through the whole summer.

Americade was a good time. I'll go next year for sure. The ride up was interesting. We took the scenic route up into Vermont, around the lake and back. The weather didn't fully cooperate as usual. But, I've never been on a bad ride. My rain pants were shredded by the time we arrived. Some hail and wind, all good on the new Metzlers. I never lost traction. I got a great deal on Frog Toggs there before leaving and got to use them on the ride home.
I always seem to be chased by a storm when leaving NY?
That area has some of the best riding around the Northeast. The roads are well maintained and not boring at all. My brother, with a 5 gallon tank, ran out of gas on the right side of a mountain. He coasted a mile into a gas station. I'll bust his balls about it for a few years...lol
I was surprised at the average age of the crowd, a good mix, but lots of riders in their 60's and up. It was a very tame crowd for a bike event. It's still going on though.
We couldn't stay as long as I would have liked, but the fun for me is mostly in the ride up and back. Mid-week is the best time to arrive.
Steve

might be heading up this weekend.

can anyone give a yay or nay to this route?

http://goo.gl/maps/a3rJ

gmaps suggested it so it would guide me there on my phone. without downloading a new gps app and creating my own route it seems pretty 'backroad-ish' and i can just plug it into my phone and go.

thoughts?

Rt 4 through Whitehall is a decent ride through some mountains, looks to be a good route.

I'll be there again on Saturday with other friends, so if you want to try to meet and go for a rip let me know.

Rt 4 through Whitehall is a decent ride through some mountains, looks to be a good route.

I'll be there again on Saturday with other friends, so if you want to try to meet and go for a rip let me know.

Will do. My time there will be limited so I doubt I will but thanks for the offer. As a 'local' was does the latest weather report 'actually' mean?

might be heading up this weekend.

can anyone give a yay or nay to this route?

http://goo.gl/maps/a3rJ

gmaps suggested it so it would guide me there on my phone. without downloading a new gps app and creating my own route it seems pretty 'backroad-ish' and i can just plug it into my phone and go.

thoughts?
I went up that way Garrett. But, we took 91 to 4. 4 is a great route. I hope the weather cooperatees. On the way back, I took Dan-o's advise. 87 to 7 to 787. All highway, but much shorter if time is an issue getting back.
Steve

Last edited:
Back