And this from Kaboom's neck of the woods

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was posted up on our street car site................. what an incredibly lucky shot!.........I wonder if they threw in a stepladder with the truck?...........Tom.

i GOOD FOR HER ! :punk: AND I'M VERY GLAD SHE MADE IT , BECAUSE I CAN'T BELIEVE THOSE SCUM-BAGS MADE THE HOLE SO FRIGGING SMALL THAT SHE HAD TO MAKE IT THREW !

was watching the commercial for the horse movie and was like, what the F are you guys talking about a hole???????
ok ok i waited and saw the shot......

That "hole" if you can call it that (more like a slit) was a bullsh#t ploy by the dealership offering the truck. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy knowing she won the truck, however, after thinking about it for a minute; Im almost certain she didnt drive it home. This trick is old as dirt. Free publicity for the dealership and a feel good moment for the crowd but when she goes to get the truck I will bet my bike that she couldnt afford all the taxes and fees that suddenly werent in the deal of winning the truck. Maybe Im being a scenic but thats my thought. Still good for her!

That "hole" if you can call it that (more like a slit) was a bullsh#t ploy by the dealership offering the truck. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy knowing she won the truck, however, after thinking about it for a minute; Im almost certain she didnt drive it home. This trick is old as dirt. Free publicity for the dealership and a feel good moment for the crowd but when she goes to get the truck I will bet my bike that she couldnt afford all the taxes and fees that suddenly werent in the deal of winning the truck. Maybe Im being a scenic but thats my thought. Still good for her!

Having seen those shot boards up close before I can tell you that the hole is barely, and I do mean barely, big enough for the puck to go through!! That was a one in a hundred thousand shot! I agree with a113ycat, the taxes, because the IRS counts that as income and the state will want sales tax etc., would run here a few thousand at least!! The dealership is out very little because they get insurance on the shot just in case someone does hit it. That is why the hole is so small, the insurance companies that insure these types of things mandate that the odds of success must be minimized......

One of my firefighter friends played in a golf tournament on the Diplomat Golf course, the Diplomat Hotel is probably the nicest hotel in the Ft. Lauderdale area.

One hole was a 'hole-in-1' contest. he hit an iron & it ran to the cup & went in! No b.s., no doubt, as there was an observer there from the tournament to make sure what happens for ea. foursome. He won an Accord & gave it to his daughter in high school.

The insurance policy the tournament had required sworn affidavits from the foursome, the observer, etc. The business of operating this type of operation is hugely profitable, they make hundreds of thousands of $$$ for each claim they have to pay-out. That was explained to my lucky friend by the underwriter who interviewed him.

Sometimes people try to do it on their own w/o insurance, and then they are on the hook for it when it happens. The insurance policy is much cheaper! Around here now they offer a finite lease instead of an outright vehicle ownership, so that helps in the tax dep't.

Back