Annoying squeak.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KDIMD

Reaction score
Really sounds high pitched, a bit like when rubber is rubbing metal so thought it was cause I installed a tire that is hitting the swing arm. Can be heard while just pushing the bike and increases in pitch with speed.

After recentering and riding a bit, there are no wear marks on tire and I cant see where it would be rubbing.

So I checked the swing arm pivot, lubing the bearings, still can hear the squeak.

It really sounds like its coming from under the rubber boot. Can that area cause a squeak? Hate to have to pull the drive train out just for this. Or can I just spray some silicon based lube around the area?

If the sound increases with speed when pushing it sounds like something in the drive shaft or universal joint rubbing or worn.

There was a discussion awhile ago and the squeak was coming from the false tank cover.So remove and go for a ride and see if it disappears.Never know it might work.Cheers Kevman.

Latest posts

Back